Help!! Wide rims on rear? what fits????

ezachari

Reaction score
I want to purchase a new set of wide lip rims for my 2001 A4 2.8. I want a wider chrome lip in the rear, but both front and rear to be 18". Please let me know what will fit and some rims to take a look at. I want tires that will ride smoother and take bumps better rather than handle corners.

Thanks for any help.

8.5 will fit im sure with 235 tyres...maybe 9 with some arch work.
BBS RS GT
BBS LMs
Rial Nogaro
Rial Daytona two peace
Keskin and Azev make a load of 2 piece deep dish alloys... depends on how much you want to spend
If money wasnt an option I would go for some custom made HREs http://www.hrewheels.com/home/ :cool:

Im just about to order 2 9" wheels for the rear may need some arch work but i reckon it'll be ok. Got 8" at the moment and plenty of room.

are you guys running wider rear tyres then? looking at fitting 235s on the back of mine, have 225s on the front

If any of you guys are running quattro i was told it was a big NO NO to run different width wheels on the rear to the front. FWD is no problem though.

I'm running 245/40 17s (front and rear) on my B5 quattro sport avant with no issues... (apart from excessive grip!:yes:)

I'm running 245/40 17s (front and rear) on my B5 quattro sport avant with no issues... (apart from excessive grip!:yes:)

I thought the correct profile for 17s was 45, as in 245/45/17.

If your profile is indeed 40, won't your rolling radius be out 5%?

I'm about to move up to 18s and down to 40 profile tyres (225/40/R18).

N

your issue is not the arches, especially on a quattro.
9J wheels will only fit if you have a very low offset (which OK, requires the archwork).
I have 8x18 running 240mm tyres and I have around 1-2mm between tyre edge and the top curve of the hub carrier.
thats why they run ET20's on RS4's