when changing the airfilter.....

a4quat

Reaction score
ive been thinking about changing my air filter possibly for a k and n or something else, but i was just wondering does the diverter valve still work, will there be connections on it for the dv valve?

The DV is not affected at all as it is all after the filter. I am assuming you have a 1.8T engine.
TBH unless you have a heat shield for blocking out the heated air from around the turbo i wouldnt bother, you will loose power. As it will just sit sucking in hot air. I used to just run and induction cone with the standard heat shield put back in. When running aroung town for a bit i check how hot the filter was and it was hot which is the opposite of what you want.

I would personally not bother getting a cone filter, a few of the other boys and myself have gone for Simota Carbon Charger kits from DP motorsport but there is a bit of modification to the pipe work that needs to be done to get it to fit correctly. Or you could go for a BMC carbon filter or some other enclosed filter kit like a Pipercross Viper kit, but none of these come with all the pipe work you would need. The BMC is just the filter itself then you would need to get custom pipework & samco hoses to fit it. Much the same for the Viper Kit that only comes with some duct hose (i think, it may not even come with that).

TBH if one of the boys running the Simota kit lives close enough to you I am sure they would give you a hand to sort it if you werent sure.

with the simota kit from dp motorsport do you get the air deflector or do you use the standard one?

im on the simota and i love it was just a right pain the **** getting the maf to fit but im glad i put it on

Dpmotorsports024.jpg

Nope. You could try drilling the bottom half of the air box. But even at that you wont here the dump valve that much. The only way to hear it is running an induction cone but as above it just sucks in hot air.
Only alternative if you want to hear the car "dumping" is to get an atmospheric dump valve kit. Bailey do a kit for the A4 for this.

An atmospheric one yes, but it would be so little you wouldn't notice it. Plus it would only be for a fraction of a second till the turbo makes of the few RPM that it would have dropped.