welding on the car

205man

Reaction score
i was looking under the car this morning (i dropped something) and noticed that on of the exhuast hangers has broken away from the exhaust.

its not the one on the back box but the next one in, it has made a hole just the weld has broken

i was going to weld it back in place as i know how to weld but the question is do i have to disconnect the battery or anything before i start, and if i do what problems wil i have when i reconnect it (settings/alarm/ etc)

alan

you disconnect the battery.......not sure of the impiclations but you will soon find out or you can take the exhaust off which is probably a better idea how you intend to weld it with ..Mig..Ark...Gas Bottles...found the best trick for welding exhaust was to use old coat hangers with Gas bottle

alternator also, think if it the exhaust you would be easier taking it off though

safest bet removing the zorst then you wont need to disconnect the battery and search for your radio code, reset the clock etc. plus any welding is best away from the fuel tank etc plus a chance of grease and gunge catching fire from sparks....heat etc.