Anyone got a factory-fitted Genuine towbar on their B5 A4?

Nessy

VW + Audi mad
Reaction score
In my quest for a towbar for my A4 Avant I'm now torn between a Westfalia detachable one and one from my local VW/Audi main stealer...
Incredibly they are almost the same price, but I'm not sure what brand the 'Genuine' one will be,I'm guessing it'll be Votex, hence my post......
Can anyone tell me who makes the Genuine towbars?
I'd be gutted to go for Genuine to find out its Bosal etc, to be honest really prefer the Westfalia,and am hoping the Votex (if thats what it is) is really made by Westfalia......

Thanks

Paul

Thought I'd post the results for the benefit of future forum users who may be in the same position as myself ie trying to decide which towbar to buy......
Have now found out that the Genuine towbar available from VW/Audi dealers is,as suspected, a Votex-branded item.
Luckily the Votex fitting instructions for the 11/94 to 11/01 B5 towbar mention that it is a Westfalia model........the part number on the Votex instructions matches exactly with the model number for the B5 towbar on the Westfalia website too.....
So,I'll be buying a Genuine towbar as my local dealer can do it (supply only) for the same price as it can be bought via the web........