Wheel Vibration... But Balanced??

ZeroK66

Reaction score
Hello all,

Well I got my 19" BBS CH's and had them on for a while. Am suffering from wheel wobble/vibration both from the rear of the car and through steeringwheel. Assumed the wheels needed balancing.

Audi did this for me on my last visit, but its no better. I tried removing my locking nuts and this did make things a lot better, but I am still getting wobble between 60 & 80, right where I dont need it!!

Now I have spacers fitted, so one of these, or all could be outa balance I suppose... I could have a buckled wheel, who knows??

I guess I could start by putting the old wheels back on, getting those balanced and taking it for a spin.

Any other suggestions?

Audi balancing wheels? I'd take it elsewhere.
Also check what weights are fitted to the wheels. If the tyres have been badly fitted you may see a lot of weight on one side, which isn't right.
I'd take the spacers off as well as they will just aggravate the problem.
Worst case you can take it somewhere where they'll balance the wheels on the car.

Hi guys,

I didnt realise that you could get wheels balance ON THE car?? I will have to try find someone that can do that.

The spigot rings are correct and the spacers are the correct size, shape and are centered (Eibach).

I will have to find someone locally to balance the wheels on the car and this should take any inconsistency's in the spacers into consideration. As the wheels are ET50 I cant run without the spacers.