Put the 17s back on.

Reaction score
Alright folks had a flat tyre last week and took it to get repaired but the alloy had sliced the inside of the tyre.

So i put my old 17s back on and wound down the front coilovers a bit as it looked like i was transporting a few bodies in the boot!!

DSC00015.jpg

DSC00017.jpg

DSC00016.jpg

Getting pretty low!

DSC00018.jpg

DSC00019.jpg

Anyway i think i need some wheel spacers now, i was thinking 15mm at the rear and 10mm at the front what you guys think?

Cheers.

have i got this wrong i thought you sold your car? or have i mixed u up with someone else

Soupie, thats crazy low, nice for shows, cant be good for around town etc

Ras, you are thinking of Madkebab mate

To be honest i dont think the 19s will be back on this year.

Gonna try and save some ££ to get them redone but not in too much of a hurry.

Its not so low it cant get over speed bumps. If anything does scrap its my exhaust.

mawhitey said:
Ras, you are thinking of Madkebab mate

sorry soupie and thanks mawhitey for putting the record straight i must be getting old.....

I'll be putting my standard 16s back on for the winter so i'll proberably be a touch lower :ermm:

Gave the car a clean and put some rear spacers on the back the other day.

Need to sort the front though as the new bolts are too long and the old ones are too short.

Here are some pics.

DSC00041.jpg

DSC00043.jpg

DSC00042.jpg

DSC00040.jpg

what type of wheels are they, am looking for dark grey/black wheels.

Soupie, what PSI do you use for those 17" wheels and were they the standard ones on 1.8TQ? My 2.8Q also has them and have always wondered where they were from originally, only had the car couple of years.

Thanks

Looks good chap, spacers definetely help the look. As doc said, be careful with your sump that low. Have you still got your undertray on?? would help protect it a bit, but usually scrapes when your that low lol!

Yeah, they are the original standard wheels as fitted to 1.8 T Sport Quattros, but look like they've been coated dark grey.

Alan

Yeah they are the standard wheels powder coated. I put 36 psi in them, i think thats what it says on the inside of the fuel cap.

Yeah still have the tray on worst bit for getting scraped is the bar under the transmission.

Cheers guys.

get the 19s back on quick anything thats way to low looks knackered spacers go for the wheel bearings eventually cause you alter the offset. jack it up again youre wasting a nice machine.

Totally agree with mike here. Its far too low and it will degrade most of underbody within a month or two. Sump will go sooner than you think also you will find in a few more months that the car will rattle a lot!

Hey cheers for the comments folks.

The only bits that hit the speedbumps are the exhaust at the bit where my backbox joins the middle section and the bar underneath the transmission. Other than that is fine.

But thanks for all the concern.

Can I ask why the sump will go sooner? Or is this just if it hits the deck?

Also why will the car rattle a lot more in a few more months? Just because it is a few mm lower than most peoples?

The more often your car scrapes the road the more likely it is to damage the sump and loosen other bits and bobs thus causing things to rattle because they are loose.

Oh right cool.

My sump still has a fair bit of clearance and I have never been aware of it hitting the ground thus far.

It still looks brand new. I am getting a sump guard soon though for over the winter as there may be more rubbish on the road etc.