Recommendations for front discs and pads

Audi Upgrades Ltd

OEM Level Retrofits
Site Sponsor
Reaction score
Website
www.audiupgrades.co.uk
Hi Guys,

I need to replace my front brake discs and pads on my A4 and have been thinking of buying them off tinternet and then getting a local mechanic to fir them for me.

Does anyone have any recommendations on what brake discs/pads to go for and ideally any links to a website where I can purchase said parts.

Obviously any other comments/suggestions to replacing the discs/pads is greatly welcomed.

Oh yeah, its a 1999 (T Reg) Audi A4 1.8T Sport.

Many thanks

Andy

I have the same year and model. I went for Pagid fast road pads and Zimmerman (German) discs, cross-drilled. Both from German & Swedish, who I swear by now, for price and speedy delivery without mistakes. £125 I paid for the lot and Audi want £65 for pads alone!
Some will prefer Grooved or Cross-drilled & grooved but the choice is yours.

I had the Pagid fast road pads and cross drilled discs on my old MK2 Golf and they were great.
Planning to fit them to the A4 soon.
Does anyone know if there are any options for the rear brakes ?

Yeah, rears, as opposed to the rusty half-swept excuses I have on there at the moment! LOL
Don't think people generally bother uprating the rear do they? Although on a loaded-up Avant with uprated fronts it might be an idea say just doing the pads?

grooved and non drilled supposedly are stronger than drilled, which though strengthened around the drilled areas are structurally weaker.. pagid fast roads are good reliable strong breaking i have them on at the moment, ds2500 are said to be even better.

I have Brembo 3g discs on mine 10 groove on the rear and 20 on the front with greenstuff pads, untill i get the struts/hubs all together i can really comment on performance, but the came recomended

HTH

I may have a full S4 setup available soon... contact me if interested.

andyhud said:
Cheers for the info chaps... liking the sound of it all

JayB5UK.. where abouts did you get your pads/discs from?

The only ones I can find are here: http://www.motorsportworld.co.uk

Cheers all again!

If anyone else knows where (on the internet) I can get pads/brakes from, please let me know

Cheers

Andy

www.gsfcarparts.com you can download their catalogue from there. If you get stuck with the part no's ( I had to confirm over the phone with them) post back as I can check my receipt if you have the same motor..

Late last year I replaced the discs and pads all round on my pre-facelift Avant using OE parts from my local friendly VW dealer.
With discount it worked out the same cost as going to German & Swedish, with the added bonus of using Genuine parts.....
If memory serves me right the front discs/pads are identical to Passat items, whilst the rear brakes are slightly different,although VW were still able to supply.......
Knowing how similar Passats are to A4's means I hardly ever need to visit an Audi Centre now....

With a discount? You must have family or friends there then, alright for some.

JayB5UK said:
With a discount? You must have family or friends there then, alright for some.

No family or friends there, but with an A4, a Beetle cabrio and a restoration project Karmann Ghia, if I'm not visiting the Audi dealership then I'm usually to be found in the VW dealership down the road (both run by the same company), been a regular customer to this company for 20+ years now, being nice and polite to the Parts Dept staff does reap its rewards...........

Ah I see. I've had too many cars of all makes to get too friendly, although I do have a mate who works for a dealer which also have a Unipart store, ok when you want some pattern bits for the g/f's runabouts..