ABS Problem

mwarrey

Reaction score
MY S4 has started to show the red explanation mark warning with the ABS light coming on. Started last week and it getting worse, staying on for longer periods and more often. I have checked for faults using VAG-COM and I have had this:- 01203 Electrical Connection between ABS and Instrument Cluster 03-10-No signal - Intermittent.

Looking on here and other forums has pointed to a faulty ABS unit. This was kind of confirmed by the Master technician at my local dealers today. The main dealer price on this is I believe around £900 plus fitting. I have had a search around and there are a couple of companys who offer rebuilt units with a 2 year warranty for around £220. Anybody else used someone they can recommend or avoid ?.

Ring the breaker and see if they have one plus have you cleaned the sensors, long shot I know but worth a try.

Mine went on my 2.8 some time ago but I replaced it with a second-hand unit never had a problem since. Also what’s your part number as I have an RS4 unit at home that might be the same?