Chipping an Audi 1.8T A4 Quattro Sport 1999

netwave

Reaction score
Website
www.airush.co.uk
Hi,
can somone tell me what the BHP of my UK spec Audi 1.8T A4 Quattro Sport 1999 , is as standard?

I was ****** off the other day cos I got burned off by a VW TDI golf lol & now I wanna know what the correct chip is to buy for this model as the Turbo is very laggy as standard

Ive just found an ebay seller >INMOTION TUNING USA< selling chips to UK at very reasonable prices see below...

United States Dollars 170.00 USD = 90.6232 GBP

I bought an OBDII USB cable & disc full of performance chip firmware for all makes of Audi's but could not find the correct flash utility as it was all written in German!

Any info on the above appriciated ;)

Im sure they run 180BHP stock....thats enough to give a VR6 a good run, if you dont beat it....something is definetely not right with your engine lol

absolutely, sounds knackered!

nuffin wrong wiv my engine ticks over & runs as sweet as + its just had a full audi service!
mid range & top end is great, but 0-60 is nuffin exciting!
even if its running at 180bhp its still a heavy car when it comes to power to weight ratio hence I probably got burnt!
maybe the dude had his WV chipped?
Nether the less I wanna get my tweeked asap as I hate loosing down duel carrages grrrr

Think I would just stick to tried and trusted mappers, like AMD, Revo or Jabbasport. I know its a bit more expensive, but at least they are in the same country if you get problems. What part of the UK u in?

personally id stick with a map myself safety and uk support .
Ive never heard of a 1.8T being laggy unless quite tuned?
had the diesel been mapped probably yes although standard they are no slouch due to the torque through the gears and it can also be down to gearing.

Sounds like you could be suffering the same problem i have been. I bought my car around 18 months ago and have always been dissapointed by performance, its an 1.8t 150 BHP (fwd only tho) i went from an audi 80 2.0 8v which felt like it had a load miore torque than my A4. To cut a long story short i have put up with the car for 18 months always thinking that it was slowish due to the weight of the car, unfortunately a recent trip to jabbasport revelaed a problem, the car has not been making any boost, (well it managed 0.1 bar). Jabba advised that my wastegate was constantly open which on the a4's is normally due to the valve spinning and snapping off the wastegate arm. I bought a second hand turbo last week and fitted it yesterday. On the turbo that came off the actualtor was totally knackered. It had lost all tension and was not holding the wastegate shut. Mine is a low mileage car 60,000 miles, and my dad had it before me since 20.000 so we know the mileage is right I was shocked at this failure. Now im up to 1 bar boost and about 200 bhp. Sorry for long scary post but get your boost levels checked, dont let a similar problem to mine tarnish your opinion of your car.

PS 1.8t's will make 130 brake (as did mine) with a broken turbo but the torque gets shot to bits, hence the dip in low end performance which feels like turbo lag.

i have a 99 1.8t sport, AJL engine 180 bhp as stock, only mods are FMIC and CAI.
My wife has an 05 140ps Mk5 GTTDI Golf and my car p1sses on it.
only difference is high gear, mid rev accelleration (motorway overtaking).

sounds like you need your engine looked at mate

oh and mine is an Avant! usually with a boot full of *****!

Ive found the problem!
The acctuator pipe had melted and split off compleatly!
It was touching another hot pipe under the manifold so was stealthed out from sight!
looks like it wore the outer braiding & melted under high temperature!
bit ****** off this wasnt noticed during the service, though glad ive managed diagnose the problem, It will replaced with a braided pipe with heat sheilding!
I bridged the pipe temporarily & it now boosts better than ever which is great!

Im still tempted to chip the beast! & will take the above advise I think & stick with a UK dealer!
Thanks for all your posts, appriciated!
Rob ;)