shortshift...too cheap to be good?

Hi mate,

My friend bought one of these off e-bay....they are very good for the price. But as you have an S4 i probably wouldnt suggest it. He explained to me that it wasnt a 100% perfect fit. When pushing it into 5th, it sometimes proved difficult unless pushing hard....it also makes the throw horizontaly shorter from 3rd to 5th, he was scared to rag it incase he accidently popped it into 3rd from 4th!!!

I got mine from www.stratmosphere.com top quality, no rubbing horizontally and a smooth shift, i know they are a little bit more expensive, but well worth it.

Hope this helps :)

cheers Phanton i sulppose you pay for what you get, how easy was you statosphere shifter to fit?

Hi Mate,

I have an S4 with about 340 BHP and I have installed this. Took about 30mins and is absolutely fine. There are about 5-10 others on rs246 that have bought and fitted this guys kit and they work well. No complaints yet.

Looks good that... what exactly is involved with fitting, anything major to look out for? It says it doesn't come with instructions so may put a lot of people off...

its the absence of fitting instructions thats putting me off, the picture shows lots of bits that i could easily not know where to fit...

I would imagine that removing the OE shifter would reveal the location of many of those parts pictured and installation would not be as difficult as you think... but the inclusion of some instructions would certainly help for those less capable and looking to avoid the labour costs of someone else doing the work...

Well i hope its ok and easy to fit as i just bought one to try,lol
Anyone got the instructions in how to fit or is it apparent when dismantling the old one what goes where?

Its very simple to fit, took me about 40 mins. You get a PDF download with the purchase and it is not for this exact kit (I think this is a copy) but it all made sense to me and went in no problem at all.