Chris NottMonster Motorsport
Results 1 to 17 of 17
  1. #1
    6th Gear

    Status
    Offline
    Join Date
    Jul 2006
    Posts
    1,562

    I've just found out why my S4 feels so flat.

    Turns out,.........................I need a new heat sensor :D

    I also need a new lambda sensor, and the rear brakepads have just gone through to the metal, and all this I find out just a month after buying the thing LOL!!

    As luck would have it, I've just been introduced to an Audi technician who does private work at very favourable rates

    As a Vauxhall man, I'm also surprised at how reasonable Audi sensors are (relatively of course), in fact the lambda one is cheaper than a Vauxhall item.

    ALSO, as luck would have it, this guy happens to have an MTM RS4 drilled rear brake set-up which I've just bought cheap and he'll be fitting for me on Monday along with the sensors.

    So bad news followed by good news in the end
    Last edited by Olly_K; 29th July 2006 at 15:15.

  2. # ADS
    ADS
    Join Date
    Always
    Posts
    Many
     
  3. #2
    rasA4's Avatar
    Four Rings Mafia Specialist

    Status
    Offline
    Join Date
    Apr 2003
    Location
    Deep
    Posts
    3,096
    result!

    Bee Five | A4 2.4 V6 30V Tip SE | OEM S4 Alloys | S4 Bumper | S4 Leathers | HIDs| Billy's & Bachs | I Aint new to this | Hit the THANKS Button if my post is any use |Thanks!

  4. #3
    1st Gear

    Status
    Offline
    Join Date
    May 2006
    Location
    Sunny Isle
    Posts
    265
    good news!!

    Any pics of the s4 Mmmmm Ive really got to get me one soon me thinks!

  5. #4
    6th Gear

    Status
    Offline
    Join Date
    Jul 2006
    Posts
    1,562
    Quote Originally Posted by Daveiow
    good news!!

    Any pics of the s4 Mmmmm Ive really got to get me one soon me thinks!
    Just for you








  6. #5
    6th Gear

    Status
    Offline
    Join Date
    Jul 2006
    Posts
    1,562
    Could a mod please add an 'e' in the middle of the word 'fels' in the thread title please? :D :D

  7. #6
    6th Gear

    Status
    Offline
    Join Date
    Jul 2006
    Posts
    1,562
    So THAT's where all the power had gone!!!

    Aswell as the above, after testing all the boost hosing, it turned out the Y-pipe had a hole in it, aswell as a rubber elbow pipe down on the N/S

    So, 2 holes in the pipes, 2 completely duff sensors, and rear brakepads that are completely worn through to metal on metal,...........................and it had a service at Fontain less than 1500 miles ago

    Anyhow, the mechanic happened to have a Samco Y-pipe that he fitted, and along with all the other stuff, the car is now completely transformed!!!! :smile:

    So these cars DO have boost then.

  8. #7
    ZeroK66's Avatar
    1st Gear

    Status
    Offline
    Join Date
    Jun 2004
    Location
    Devon, UK
    Posts
    246
    Sounds like your audi chap knows his stuff! most audi mechanics know NOTHING about the Y-Pipe & F-Hose. Sounds like you got a result all in all! Hope the car is pulling like a train again

    Cheers
    Facelift Imola S4 | Custom: K04's, Tubular Manifolds, 3" DPs-> 2.75" Catback | FMIC | H&R Coilovers + ARB's | Brembo 8-Pots | SS + DTS | 503HP/475lbs/ft | 1800W RMS

    Sold: Audi A4 (B5) 2.8 Quattro | Ivory Pearl
    Melted: Corrado - IHI 1.8 20vT: 343BHP

  9. #8
    Power On

    Status
    Offline
    Join Date
    Feb 2006
    Location
    Scotland
    Posts
    26
    Thats a really nice car. I was looking at it too but it was gone by the time I gathered the money together.
    I finally found a cracker 2 weeks ago, and am currently doing same as you, replaceing all the suspect bits LOL

    Daz

  10. #9
    6th Gear

    Status
    Offline
    Join Date
    Jul 2006
    Posts
    1,562
    Quote Originally Posted by ZeroK66
    Hope the car is pulling like a train again
    Yep, goes VERY quickly for a family estate car now cheers :smile:

    Still not as brutal as the Astra, but so much more flexible and sturdy. Also, as fast is it DOES go,......................it's virtually the same in the wet too :thumbs-up:

  11. #10
    6th Gear

    Status
    Offline
    Join Date
    Jul 2006
    Posts
    1,562
    Quote Originally Posted by BigDaz
    Thats a really nice car. I was looking at it too but it was gone by the time I gathered the money together.
    I finally found a cracker 2 weeks ago, and am currently doing same as you, replaceing all the suspect bits LOL

    Daz
    Good choice Daz

    I looked at S4's all over the country, and being a gemini I just couldn't make my mind up,.......so plumped for this blue one just 13 miles up the road (will have been on the D15 ALX plates when you saw it).

    Which niggles do YOU have dude? Any pictures? :smile:

  12. #11
    Power On

    Status
    Offline
    Join Date
    Feb 2006
    Location
    Scotland
    Posts
    26

    Smile Mine !!

    I have replaced the Maf & diverter valves so far, its getting VAGCOM & RR this week to find any more probs, Oh and I need 2 new tyres, going with Khumos because the P6000's that are on it are noisy and rubbish.
    Good side is, only 40K on the clock, averaging 27/8 mpg and its mildly modded to Stage 1, maybe stage 2











    Big Daz

  13. #12
    6th Gear

    Status
    Offline
    Join Date
    Jul 2006
    Posts
    1,562
    Quote Originally Posted by BigDaz
    I have replaced the Maf & diverter valves so far, its getting VAGCOM & RR this week to find any more probs, Oh and I need 2 new tyres, going with Khumos because the P6000's that are on it are noisy and rubbish.
    Good side is, only 40K on the clock, averaging 27/8 mpg and its mildly modded to Stage 1, maybe stage 2











    Big Daz
    Very very nice Daz

    I remember seeing that one advertised too (Ebay?). Mega sound system etc, but just too far for me to travel really. How much did you give for it in the end if you don't mind me asking?

    Mine seemed to be lower mileage than most at 75K, but 40k miles means yours has hardly been anywhere :smile:

    Aye, had the healthcheck run on mine the other night with the VAG 1551 machine,................"No faults stored" now

  14. #13
    Power On

    Status
    Offline
    Join Date
    Feb 2006
    Location
    Scotland
    Posts
    26

    Talking

    You have PM [:D]
    I really like the alcantara seat inserts but I think it only goes with the Nogaro blue paintwork, I have also fitted the centre armrest in the last week or so.
    The big surprise for me is the insurance, much cheapness compared to the Scooby.
    Like you, I was looking countrywide but ended up getting one only 30mins away LOL

  15. #14
    6th Gear

    Status
    Offline
    Join Date
    Jul 2006
    Posts
    1,562
    Quote Originally Posted by BigDaz
    *You have PM [:D]

    *I really like the alcantara seat inserts but I think it only goes with the Nogaro blue paintwork, I have also fitted the centre armrest in the last week or so.

    *The big surprise for me is the insurance, much cheapness compared to the Scooby.

    *Like you, I was looking countrywide but ended up getting one only 30mins away LOL
    *Received

    *Yeah, I wasn't really a fan of the alcantara look originally,..........it looked a bit Max Flower on the pictures. In the flesh they look and feel superb though, a really good compromise IMO. You get the look/smell/feel of leather, but the grip/brightness/lower temperature of alcantara. The Astra and the Vectra that the Audi replaced both came with full leather, and down here in the hot south, I very nearly lost the skin off the back of my legs LOL!!!

    *Very reasonable for a Group 20 car yes. They must've taken into consideration the stealth of these cars (unlike a Subaru with bonnet scoop/spoilers/notorious image etc), and the fact that the Audi security is rather good :smile:

    *Yep, I hunted solidly for about 10 weeks

  16. #15
    6th Gear

    Status
    Offline
    Join Date
    Jul 2006
    Posts
    1,562
    Quote Originally Posted by BigDaz
    I have also fitted the centre armrest in the last week or so.
    Didn't all S4's come with one from factory though?

  17. #16
    Power On

    Status
    Offline
    Join Date
    Feb 2006
    Location
    Scotland
    Posts
    26
    Quote Originally Posted by Dan Gliballs
    Didn't all S4's come with one from factory though?
    nope, fraid not. It was a 500 option I believe, I got one (brand New copy) off fleabay for 45 quid, looks identical does the job nicely. :thumb:
    Any idea where the rear spoiler on yours came from, I think one of them might be called for.
    Only thing that annoys me with it is the window wants to go all the way down or all the way up with one touch, I want it to just move a bit at a time unless held down/up. What does yours do?

    Daz :D

  18. #17
    6th Gear

    Status
    Offline
    Join Date
    Jul 2006
    Posts
    1,562
    Quote Originally Posted by BigDaz
    nope, fraid not. It was a 500 option I believe
    Holy cow!!!! They're a high quality item though I guess. Somebody's rested their elbow on mine for the last 75K miles, and it still looks brand new (a vauxhall one just wouldn't,.......but that's Nappa leather for ya ).

    Quote Originally Posted by BigDaz
    Any idea where the rear spoiler on yours came from, I think one of them might be called for
    RS4 I believe (no idea if it's a genuine one or not though).

    Quote Originally Posted by BigDaz
    Only thing that annoys me with it is the window wants to go all the way down or all the way up with one touch, I want it to just move a bit at a time unless held down/up. What does yours do?
    Quite sensitive with the one-touch, but quite easy to edge down manually TBH :smile:

 

 

Posting Permissions

  • You may not post new threads
  • You may not post replies
  • You may not post attachments
  • You may not edit your posts
  •  
Single Sign On provided by vBSSO

Garage Plus, Vendor Tools vBulletin Plugins by Drive Thru Online, Inc.

Content Relevant URLs by vBSEO