Everything comes in three(just not women)

Rev-head

Reaction score
Neighbour hit my car on Monday so going into garage on Monday to get fixed

But in that time i think my immobiliser is playing up as the car has not been starting and the lights have been flashing on and off after the glow plug lights go out and only after switching the ignition on and off a few times it has worked.........so is it ignition barrel or immobiliser??

Next i lose the indicators and the front windscreen wipers when i get back from work today so i am looking for a relay or a fuse ...?

Cheers

Steve

I would say ignition barrel. Similar thing happened to me when mine went, it affected the wipers and the aircon, just before it broke completley and trashed my starter motor as well. It is probably worth changing this as a precaution as they are only about £20 and not too difficult to change yourself (excellent article in the tech section on audiworld.com).

Does your key feel stiff in the barrel ?

Bang on ,i have to make sure when i start it that i turn the key back as it is not re-coiling back and sticking leaving the starter motor on

Were did you source Barrel and A4 section audiworld i take it?

cheers

Steve

Looking in the tech section but struggling to find barrel removal

Hi Rev, you don't have to remove the barrel. The sprung section of the ignition is the connector at the end, which is secured by 2 small screws (painted red). Can't give you the URL from AW but it's under Electronics then a couple of page downs and it's called "Ignition Switch Replacement"

Cool thanks Andy......did you buy straight from audi or did you get from vagparts.com

Cheers