New to forum

Chilli

Reaction score
Alright chaps,

This is the first post on here, i recognise a few of you from other Audi forums....so "hi" to all of you!

I've drive a silver 1997 A4 2.8 Quattro. Reasonably impressed with it so far, its going in for a service / brakes and disgnostic check on wednesday as its been a bit rough recently.

I've done a search and found out that the Quattro system looks after itself pretty much but are there any oil checks to do etc while its being serviced? The reason why i ask is sometimes i get what feels like a bit of play (or a know) from the rear wheels when taking up drive on hard acceleration.

Cheers in advance, i'll probably be on here a fair bit now so hope to chat to a few of you soon.

Tom

Cheers for the welcome chaps!

Docurley, i post on Audifans as "TomJE", i think we spoke a few times about your supercharged A4. This forum seems a bit quicker and more technical than the others which is well handy!

Hi and welcome to the forum.

Chilli said:
I've done a search and found out that the Quattro system looks after itself pretty much but are there any oil checks to do etc while its being serviced? The reason why i ask is sometimes i get what feels like a bit of play (or a know) from the rear wheels when taking up drive on hard acceleration.

I have an S4 and my car is the same. There was a post not too long ago on this site regarding this 'slack' in the drive train.
So as far as im aware this is normal. however, you can get Drive Train Stabilizers (DTS) that help reduce or completely eliminate this problems but they can be expensive so shop around. One site that does them is http://www.amdtechnik.com/ for £270 supplied, but thts for an S4.

I know you can get them for the S4 Quattro but not sure about the 2.8 Quattro although, i cant see much difference (if any?!) in the quattro systems.

HTH

Dan

Thanks for the welcome chaps!

S4_Dan - cheers for that info pal, i'll look into it but, as you say, if its normal i'll just leave it be for the time being then.

Tracer - i will get some pics up soon, its completely standard (with the cr*ppy plastic door trims that seem to be saggy and flap about in the wind!!) but its quite clean!