Just fitted a N75J Valve and ............

Daveiow

Reaction score
now if I accelerate hard the car almost cuts out and stops as if its over boosting or somthing ?? Is this a common fault??

As as I set off i could instantly feel the difference!! But it wont let it come on full boost or somthing ??

Help ??

Dave

Is it deffo a J derivative? it maybe one of the other lairy ones.

This is definatley a J valve as I sold it. Dave - has your car been chipped? This valve is most effective on chipped/remapped cars.

No its bogo standard!!

I need to check the conections to the valve to make sure they are all on tight!!

But feck me it felt like a rocker up to 3k ...lol

The valve is not faulty mate, I wouldnt have sold it to you if it was. I suggest you read up on this valve, how it works and on what cars it is most effective.

Does it not have any effect on some cars then ??? I have the same car as you! But not remapped or chipped.

It seems strange as when it was fitted the other way it did what it was suposed to do but the car or ecu didnt like it :(

Have you peeled back the rubber boot on the plug for N75 and checked the wiring very common for these to break.
If unsure get VAG-com on it and cary out a final Diag on the valve and see if it starts clicking or not, you can put an anologe multimetre across and see if the needle moves about, have you checked the vacumn hoses to and from the valve?
How does the engine rev at stand still, is ok could be you Air mass playing up

engine revs fine from idle.

The mrs has used it today and she says its now running much smoother with the j valve fitted ( i dont really dirve the car as have company car )

so it seem it may be all ok, but it doesnt seem to have made much difference on the performance side.

But it could be i need a different valve perhaps?

What other's are there apart from the J

Dave

im going to hang to it for the mo! As its made the car smoother (acording to the mrs!..lol) untill i find out what I can replace it with