Audi A4 2.6 Quattro Information

Clint84

Reaction score
Hi guys, i signed up to a different audi forum a week or two back but got no joy out of them :keule:

Now ive come across here! And this seems a knowledgeable place!

Im looking into buying a 2.6 quattro model fairly soon (next month) and while i have been looking for parts (aftermarket) i have noticed a distinct lack of them for this model....

In my searching travels i have managed to find

* One aftermarket exhaust (jetex)
* One tuned ECU (BBR GTi Chip, 18hp - 28nm increases)
* No Induction kits

And very little else come to think of it....

My question is, why exactly?

Will gear intended for the 2.8Q / 2.4 fit to the 2.6?

My last car was a BMW so aftermarket parts were plentiful, as far as i can see for the 2.6 model its all sparse :confused:

Can anybody shed some light on this for me? (Or point me in the direction of some parts!!)

Hello to everyone and thanks to anyone who replies,
Cheers!

Have you considerd the 2.8 as i am sure there is more stuff available for them. Theres even a blower kit for it.

I have considered one yes, but its all down to my budget (I am in need of the car quite quickly, borrowing not really an option - adverse credit from a year ago)

So my region is about £2500 max, from what ive looked at you can get a nice 2.6Q model for that, but the lower bounds of the 2.8Q is about £2999

I find it astonishing that there is hardly any kit for the 2.6 mind!

Custom Induction kit? ;)

The 2.8 is a much better engine, 30valves for a start and about 50bhp more than the 2.6.
All the money you're going to spend on aftermarket parts for the 2.6 won't actually make it quicker than a standard 2.8, so save yourself the hassle and buy the 193bhp 2.8Q to start with. If your budget is really that restricted then you have to ask yourself are either of these models the right car to be investing in?

Its restricted in the sense that i need one next month, only that.

If i wanted to i could wait until december and go and buy what ever car i wished, but my partner and i need 2 cars now, and im not going to waste my money buying a mondeo ;)

That said, i never actualy said i wanted the 2.6 to be as fast as the 2.8 either :)

By budget being restricted i mean that is the cash i have available to me for a car this/next month.

You're missing the point, fitting a Jetex exhaust, induction kit and chipping the ECU will cost more than the difference in buying a 2.8 over a 2.6, for less performance. Even by sticking the £500 difference on a credit card and paying it off in December will be cheaper and more worthwhile than buying a 2.6 and adding upgrades later down the line.
£500 spent on a 2.8 won't depreciate much over time, whereas £500 on performance upgrades is money down the drain when you come to sell it.
BTW are you winning the lottery in December?

I understand what you mean,

What i mean is, i have £2500 in cash available to me at the end of this month....

Every month i have roughly £800 left of my salary after ive paid my mortgage etcetera.

I Have to buy the car at the beggining of next month due to personal circumstances, i wasnt planning on putting anything on a credit card as i dont have one, how ever what i was planning on doing was little bits here and there as i go along month after month, if i fancied it.

Hence the original post was just asking about the lack of aftermarket parts for that particular model :)

So i havent missed the point, if i could wait a month or two to save up another £1600 then my first choice would be the 2.8q, unfortunatly, thats not something i can do at this time :(

I'd say your best bet is to buy a 2.6 now, and spend nothing on it at all other than necessities to maintain it. Meanwhile, save a shed load of cash each month until you've got enough to buy what you really want.

Any money you spend on tinkering with it will be money wasted. The mods will give you very little return in the way of performance improvements, and you won't get the money back when you sell it.

i agree with jdp1962, buy it use it enjoy it don't spend more than services on it and buy something good in december. modding a 2.6 with a chip or exhaust is expensive, at the most change the panel filter it will make more noise and maybe keep you interested until december..

Totally agree with the other guys, the 2.8 has almost 50bhp more standard!

A lot more tuning options available for them as well, try and get the quattro if you can!

Good Luck!