n75j

mac1403

Reaction score
How many of you have good results fitting this valve. My car surges when driven hard from low revs so bought one last week to se if it helps . It arrived today and the old one is off and just got to get some small clips to replace the real bistard ones that audi fit as standard.

any chnace of sdome pics and part numbers mate ?? And let us know if it makes a difference!

yes it is fitted upside down i had one and i thought it was great for the first few days then one day when i started it the boost went back to what it was before i fitted it.

i stuck the std one back on and now i run a MBC which for now im happy with i get a good spike around 1.2 bar with a slow tail off :)

Fitted it today and have been out for a drive. First impression was that it was a lot smoother with slightly higher boost (around 16-17 PSI) It seems to have improved my surging issue slightly, but it is stiil noticeable under load on acceleration. I think I will have to look at getting the Maf checked out for the surging. I know certain cars benefit from this valve greatly, but to sum up I am not sure if it has done too much for mine, maybe its just the software i am running as a few others with AMD remaps have not noticed a great change. I guess it would be ideal for someone with a stock set up.

Actually just taking stabs in the dark at trying to cure the surging issue. There is no way it's going back to Audi for fault diagnosis as they just waste my time. Shame there is no one around here with a vag-com. Guess I will just have to try soemthing different, like I said above, maybe the MAF

the only figures I can recall are 1.2-1.3 bar. Actual according to my boost gauge is about 16 PSI. BHP on the RR was at 229

Billy - I had exactly the same issue as you. Initially the J valve was superb, higher boost and smoother delivery. The one day the boost seemed to drop off and never returned.
Bought another J valve but no difference. Still only maxing boost at 14-15psi

what do u mean upside down ?? do u fit it the opiste way to the standard valve ??

FDave

It is fitted upside down as the J valve is not designed for B5's. You would see this straight away when you changed it as the valve has one long pipe...this is opposite to where the std valve's long pipe is on the J, hence the reason of upside down fitting. ummm, think I made that more confusing than it needed to be...sorry

ah ha!!! I thougth id fitted mine wrong first time round as the conector was to akward to get to. so I swapped it round the other way and this may be the reason ive got the prob listed in the other thread!!!

Hi guys very silly thought but the wiring is very prone to breaking up inside the rubber boot, undo the plug and peel back the boot you may find the wires adrift if not loose, they normaly snap clean by the crimp joint.
Just a thought, this may or may not show up as a fault in the ECU memory but well worth checking.
If it is broken you can by the wire with the connectors crimped on, yellow wire cost £2 tops from memory or in some cases FOC!!! depends were you go!

so it could be wireing or the fact ive fitted it the wrong way round!.. ill try this evening

well Ill see what turning it the right way does, then mabey get the cart to work!

well turned it upside donw and the cars back to how it was without the j valve :(