s4 alloys

205man

Reaction score
i maybe buying some s4 alloys to put on my 1999 (v reg) 2.8 quattro auto.

they are of a 2000 S4 avant, will they fit straight on?

i need to know as i dont want to let the seller down by saying ill have them and then finding they wont fit.

i dont want to really have do any mods to my car to make them fit

alan

I dont think they will, the offset of the S4 wheel are ET45/43 iirc
Not sure what yours will be but pretty sure it will be ET35.

Alan,
Take a look at the mounting face of one of your wheels. It should give the ET number. As Olly says the S4 7.5x17" wheel has an ET of 45.
The 6x15" wheels are had on my old A4 TDi also had an ET of 45.

John

ok ive just checked the spare alloy in the boot (easier than jacking car up etc), it says on it

7j x 16 h2 et45

does this means s4 alloys will then fit straight on my car

alan

205man said:
ok ive just checked the spare alloy in the boot (easier than jacking car up etc), it says on it

7j x 16 h2 et45

does this means s4 alloys will then fit straight on my car

alan

hi Alan
ive just checked my spare in the garage and it reads 7.50J x 17H2 ET45
i have a 2000 2.4SE which prev had 16" 10 spoke alloys i now have the S4 alloys in my case i had to lower the car as i had SE suspension in your case you might be ok.
good luck

im not intending to lower my suspension if i did i wouldnt get of my drive due to the crap design of it.

why did you have to lower your suspension? was just to make it look good or was there a mechanical reason

alan

Looks like S4 wheels will fit then !
Lowered suspension is for both looks and better handling, and I always lower my cars before changing the alloys, but its what you feel best with. I think RasA4 is saying it might look a bit funny as there will be a big gap in the arch going from 16" rims to 17"

why will the gap be larger?, im going up a rim size, and i know ill be going down in profile so wouldnt the gap stay roughly the same?

alan

205man said:
why will the gap be larger?, im going up a rim size, and i know ill be going down in profile so wouldnt the gap stay roughly the same?

alan
hey alan thats what i was thinking when i upgraded to 17", i could not understand why, anyhow i needed to lower it as they where on SE springs as yours is a quattro (i think) the car has a different spring set up. the main reason i changed the springs was for cosmetic reasons as it looked like a 4x4 , however when the H&R springs was put on it handled a lot better, as well.
Dont forget my car is a SE mainly for comfort rather than handling, you may find yours may have a lower suspension set up anyway.

HTH