2.8 quattro auto throttle cable?

205man

Reaction score
my throttle pedal bounces up and down sometimes when i hit a bump, iwas told it could be something banging against the throttle cable as they are very tight

question is where is it, ive taken of the engine cover but cant see one any where, nor can i feel one when i put my hand up by the pedal top,

does my car have one or is the throttle opereated by wire/electrical?, or am i talking rubbish

the car is a 1999 v reg

alan

i think what is being referred is throttle valve cable to the transmission you need to check under the car the route of the cable to the shifter levers on the box.

fyi engine is likely electronic for that year you wont have throttle body cable it runs of position sensors

I had a 2.8Q with drive-by-wire, and it used to do the same. Don't worry about it. I know it feels like summat's up, but trust me, it's not.

i didnt think i had a major problem but surely it didnt leave the factory like that so any ideas wha/where to look for the problem

alan

I've had three A4s now, and every one of them has done it. Don't go looking for a problem when there isn't one.

cheers guys i wont try fixing something that going to be hard to fix, if its not causing a problem, just thought id reasure myself first

alan