removing climate control module

DrX

Reaction score
Hi all - I'm new here - looks very good.

I need to remove my climate control module as I need to replace one of the air control motors behind the dash. The Haynes manual talks about setting the module to a service position before disconnecting and then initializing it again when re-connected. This will obviosuly involve a trip to the local Audi dealer and means I will have to part with some cash. Can't I simple disconnect the battery and proceed from there? Has anyone got experience of disconnecting the climate control module. Any help would be much appreciated.

Thanks

I've installed a whole system, it will need setting in a reference position because at the moment my system dosent know where the stops are for the flaps - they keep trying to turn when ina ctual fact they've reached the end of their travel - if that makes sense?

I have a copy of the audi procedure so will do it with a vag-com.

Did you order from vagparts? Saw an order on there fora motor.

Thanks for the info. Yep - sure did get the motor from Martyn at VAGparts. I hope I've got the right one, the on board diagnostic says the central flap is stuck (presumably 'cos the motor is bust) - I think this is conformed by the fact that air constantly comes out the face vents no matter what button I press on the climate control module...

I don't have the vag-com so can't set the module to a reference position - I am loathed to go to a dealer - dread to think how much they will charge.

Might try just disconnecting the battery and installing the motor without moving the flap that connects to it. With any luck the system might remember where the flap is - what do you think??

Cheers,

******!

I guess it might be finally time to invest in the VAG-COM tool. Where did you find the procedure to set the module to the reference position?

Don't suppose you can hire a VAG-COM tool from anywhere can you?

Cheers,

That offer sounds very kind indeed, thanks - what are swapping parties exactly? I plan to fight with my dash next w/e so hopefully will have the job done by the end of it. I am in Bracknell, Berks - Bourenmout is easily reachable from here, also have friends in Lincoln so that could work as well. I'm getting it chiptuned next Thursday so will be wanting to play lots with it after that anyway...

Nice one,