Key Fob Range

mattpanton

Reaction score
Any ideas how to improve the range of the key fob?
I've changed the batteries in the fob and it didn't improve much at all.
I've located what I think is the control unit (under rear bench) does it have and external aerial or is it internal, i.e would it help to relocate the unit somewhere higher?

Cheers

You could try jeremy clarksons trick, keep pressing the key until you out of range, then when you out of range hold the key to your head and press the button.

Yeah have done that in the past, the range still isn't that great, maybe I've just been spoilt, my previous car had a clifford on it that worked for a huge distance!

Yep they only work at short range....Apparently to increase security if you accidently press the button whilst far away....Won't be anywhere near as good as a reliable clifford..

Ahhh thanks,

The short range isn't that much of a problem, but it does have trouble dropping all the windows from the key fob, I push and hold the button but I have to be standing right next to the car for the windows to open, any further away and they don't open, which defeats the object really!
I may do some experiments with the reciever, unscrew it and levitate it in the car somewhere just to try it out.

mines the same with the windows sometimes doesnt even work
ive found if your walking to the back of the car its better reception.

Well I can get mine to work form 300m by holding it against my head, normally it works at 50-75m.

50-75M normally! I'm lucky if i get 3m!! Against my head it's still only about 10M

Normally get around 50m from mine. Against head doesnt make much difference - maybe got the wrong sort of head !

I have also noticed that the range on the fob is short and it does work better from the back of the car. My windows do not roll down either.