1999 On Lheadlight upgrade?

Daveiow

Reaction score
Got my Gen lamps today for the facelift model been out to try and fit them and all the wireing is diffent. The new ones just need 2 conectors and the old ones have 3!

Is there an easy way round this as im usless with electrics and dont fancy cutting and shuting it all togethr.

Ive seen the tech article that gives u a rough idea but the instructions dont make muich sense to me :(

morestuff029.jpg

IAnother question is it worth me buying or seeing if I can get the new loom for the new lights and get someone to splice the 2 together ?

Been searching on here as well and theres one post that shows them using the original loom ? Anyone ideas on how to do this/

Cheers in advance

Dave

cheers for that Tracer, think I know what Im doing.

I dont supose you know what bulb I need for the projector ??

Dave

Got some bulbs sorted, also ordered the proper conectors as there only £3. So Ill just take the orginal conectros apart and use the conectors to the new plug (i hope!!)

Dave

Ill take plenty of photos along the way as well..lol

Not 100% sure mate but i think som1 on the forum has fitted them, and i would think they will be along soon to help.

I went with the angel eyes which are a straight swap for the old ones.

Cheers

Derek

what are the lamps you got, how much and where from? Are they just later style lamps for a 99 B5?

there gen audi lamps i paid £150 ish for the pair there just the 99- on audi lamps

I was goging to do the angel yes, but didnt want to spend £150 ish on non gen items that may frost up. And at the end of the IMO i think that angel eyes are for BMW'S ;)

Got my plugs today so work should comence this evening as long as its nort raining!!!

Dave

I will update here with progress and pics and as much detail as poss, as some of the guides are a little vauge

Right been out and done one side, altough i need to stil grind a little more of the liup but run out of grinding wheels for my dremel..pmsl.

Also the pins from the original plus are to big to go in the new conectors, so Ill have to order new pins to solder to the end of the cars loom so I can fit the new plugs!!!

The new audi conectors (which i need the metal pins inside to attach to the loom!)
lights002-1.jpg

A couple of pics
lights004-1.jpg

lights006.jpg

looking good

if you have them let me know part numbers for connectors and pins, cheers

Ill get them tomoz at work mate!! Once ive put the pins on the wites it will look like a factory fit!! Its been much easier than I thought!!

well got both the lights on but still havnt fitted the proper conectors yet as Im now waiting for the correct pins!!! Ill show them etc when the arrive next week

lightsbothon002.jpg

lightsbothon004.jpg

yes mate and they make a differnce to the power of the lights as well!!!

I did the same to my 99 S4..... changes to the later lights... only thing is the automatic headlamp aim doesnt work anymore....

Daveiow said:
yes mate and they make a differnce to the power of the lights as well!!!

makes all the difference! looking good

you cant buy the pins, i have tried this, audi only sell them attached to the lomb, and at 18 quid each i decided against getting them. Maplins do not sell anything similar either.

Audi do them!! Ive got them!! But It was in the workshops, they had a huge box of pins with wires attached to them!