Coilover Question

ScottyBoy

Audi A4 TDI Owner
Reaction score
oh no not another coilover question

ive used avo coilovers in the past, but i was wondering what these would be like !

any thoughts ? anyone use these ones

HERE

A lot of VW lads use the FK stuff and really recommend them!

Not sure about Avo, from what I remember they used to squeek like an old camp-bed!

yer they squeeked on my old rs, if u luuubbed them up with some wd40 they were fine

I use FK Highsports on mine and they are top notch, couldnt fault them at all. Only thing is those konis have adjustable dampening, whereas the Highsports dont. Don't go for the budget fk's they really aren't that good(the yellow ones)

I bought the cheaper FK`s (non adjustable dampening) from Gwent VW for £369 delivered and can`t fault them what-so-ever!

The ride is very comfortable. My A4 is lowered 100mm on 18`s

www.gwentvw.co.uk

£369 delivered was the price I paid around 18mths ago so it may have changed. I have the rears pretty much wound down all the way, the fronts are designed to go lower than the rears. My A4 is`nt driveable with the fronts all the way down so roughly 100mm all round is perfect..

Audi2.jpg

Just noticed ure from MK. Do you ever go down the Hockey Stadium on Sunday nights? We should arrange to meet up cuz I wanna go over again soon

hi mate thanks for that

no i dont go to the hockey stadium, its full of chavs, and 13 yr old and trophy birds, na sorry not my scene, iam 26 by the way but its just not for me, its "not" the place to be in my opinion LOL

but if you wanted to hook up if your ever in MK mate let me know

cheers

MK is the closest big car meet for me. I know what you mean about chavs but their everywhere! I`m over MK now and again, if I remember I`ll give you a shout. Always good to see other A4`s

yer no worries mate, am quiet happy to muck in and go to meets etc and meet new folk etc

hoping some meets here come together soon :)

as said mate gimmie a nudge , my car is far from perfect but rome wernt built in a day