Installing a subwoofer in a 2000 a4

anastasia248

Reaction score
I just bought a 2000 a4 and would like to install a subwoofer and amplifier, however, i was surprised to find that the symphony stereo has no RCA cable connections for easy installation. I would like to try and install the subwoofer while trying not to disturb anything factory. How would I go about doing this? (I have the base model symphony system, not Bose or JL) Any suggestions?

Some of the cheaper amplifiers i.e. Jetsound would let you run the original stereo wires into the amp instead of using RCA connections. There's probably another amp on the market that lets you do this.

Its not the proper way but im sure it can be done

Edit: I looked on a few websites and found no much advice your best bet would be to pop into the local audio shop for advice and the names of the amps or parts you need then search the net for the best deal /ubbthreads/images/graemlins/smile.gif

It may be worth popping into your local halfords, and asking at the stereo counter if they have an "autoleads" connector for this stereo, as im sure i've seen such a lead, which should just plug into your stereo, and give you RCA leads.

Sh*t Audi wiring. The line outs are very low voltage, so will pick up anything from the engine unless well screened. The standard loom doesn't have a shielded connection into the HU, so the line level is exposed to engine interference. This is just soooo basic. Replace the HU & wiring looms and you won't have these problems.