how to re-program my keyfob?

DIPS_A4

SEAT LEON CUPRA R (225)
Reaction score
i have a lil prob my mate borrowed my battery from my key fob put the battery back he got 2 static shocks and then now i cannot use my remote on the car does it need reprogramming or a new battery if it needs a reprogram how issit done? 1999 t plate audi a4 b5
thanxs
lucky i still have a spare batterd key which barely works!

Sorry to jump on your post, but i have a similar question, hope you dont mind. My A4 (95 2.6se) has a button on the key but i'm guessing the battery is flat. Is it as simple as replacing the battery and it will work or will it need reprogramming?

it all good mate. i took the battery out my spare to put in other keyfob to see if it was the battery now they are both not working! im thinking it just needs re-programming will have a browse around let u know when i find out! laterz mate

The static could have trashed one of your keyfobs get some new batteries and then search for the post which relates to reprogramming keys. It goes along the lines of you have to have one key in the ignition with it switched on (window open)and then lock the car with the key then press the lock (or unlock)button once for the first remote twice for the second.(obviously you have to swap the keys over in the ignition.

i have managed to re-programm my 1st key now im having probs with second key tried it a few times but no luck. and my first key is not in very good condition so need the 2nd one to work desperately. i looked at your posts doc it did help. just need to sort out the 2nd key which im having real problems with. any sugguestions?

found out the problem the transponder chip in the remote must of come off now i need to buy a new remote 3 buttom key. is any 1 selling one?