flickering speedo needle

FezzR

Reaction score
Have a problem with my 1996 2.6 v6,

It started out with me fitting a aftermarket dial kit, all went well and worked fine apart from i pushed the speedo needle on a bit to far and was catching; so after a month or so of putting up with it i decided to remove and refit, all exactly the same as first time round apart from when i plugged it back in the speedo was flickering back and forward a tiny amount (up to about 5mph and back down again) and the rev counter not moving at all.

So i set about stripping it down over and over again etc. checked the little spring the whole works.
The most annoying bit is that with this hot weather, if i drive the car for a little while they will spring back to life, or if the car is sat in the sun all day outside work, they will flicker 4-5times the first time ignition is on and then be fine, untill it cools down.

Anyone else had this???

Mine does it to... car does not vary speed but needle may flicker about 5mph forward and back every once in a while. Is original speedo and i have wondered about it but i dont think it should be a major concern. I live near alot of army comms stuff so could be interference from TETRA transmission every now and again.