SLUGGISH WHEN A/C ON

DIPS_A4

SEAT LEON CUPRA R (225)
Reaction score
past few days its been hot, been using the a/c n climate when its in use the car goes sluggish once off its back to normal, not a quick as b4 due to hot air which the turbo hates. is this a common problem when running the a/c?

yep its quite normal as long as its not really bad, also you will find the fuel consumption will get worse

In this weather you will find that the Turbo don't like hot weather and the AC puts extra load on the engine which is quite a killer.

This weather and AC may of knocked off about 10-15bhp from normal weather.

My petrol A4 does this too, When it was at it hottest, the car drove like the handbrake was on, due to load from the aircon pump, and also load from the alternator to run the required electric fans etc too

yep, makes a big difference in performance when i have the aircon on on days like today (30degrees), still its better than sweating my **** off.

i see the same, also when a/c is on i get around 50 miles less per tank of fuel!

with this weather though its needed so i tend to stick it on for first 5-10 mins then clik the * button once , this leaves climate control in auto but no a/c.

Yep, I get the same. I bet I'm not the only one that turns off the A/C when it comes to the traffic light grand prix?

AndyCollins said:
Yep, I get the same. I bet I'm not the only one that turns off the A/C when it comes to the traffic light grand prix?
lol join the club, best was when i was in france a couple of years ago, we hired a kia picanto, if i wanted to overtake i had to turn the a/c off, proper funny.