Atmospheric Dump Valves

Beerzo

Masa'warty 3200... Talk To Me!
Reaction score
I know a few lads on here run them. Just to see what needs to be done to do this. As i have been told they cause problems, but i would doubt you would still ahve them on your car if they did.

I have a non-DBW 1.8t '97, was looking at getting one as there ain't no better noise than hearing a car DUMP. Looking for some heads up on what needs to be done or modified to stop errors. And who supplys them
Or if it can even be put on a car as old as mine. /ubbthreads/images/graemlins/tongue.gif

get yourself a hybrid valve from gfb, it splits the waste air into the airbox like the normal dv and into open air, so you still get the sound without tripping any sensors

you need a twin piston dumpers /ubbthreads/images/graemlins/smile.gif

ive had no errors on my ecu and i check it alot /ubbthreads/images/graemlins/smile.gif i run a incarpc so am able to check everytime i start up if i wish /ubbthreads/images/graemlins/smile.gif

Had a look for both the GFB looks well good but a wee bit pricey and needs a few adpaters as far as their site says.

Where can i get "twin piston dumpers"?

got mine from bailey motorsport. http://www.baileymotorsport.co.uk/
give em aring with wat u want and they tell u wat u need,
you need a fitting kit but it runs no probs, had mine for about 12 months now /ubbthreads/images/graemlins/ok.gif

Do you get a good dump noise or is it quite quiet.

good noise but not as noisy as some other turbo cars,
can still hear it well though /ubbthreads/images/graemlins/beerchug.gif

you need some of those little blue lights on your windscreen washers as well in order to make full use of the dump noise ; )