Rear axle bushes worn

JayB5UK

Reaction score
Since changing my wheels back from winter tyres to normal recently, I noticed how much the car has tightened up, but then started to notice how much it "hopped" on the N/S rear wheel when going over bumps and drain covers.

Had my local mechanic have a look as I suspected the rear bushes and he confirmed they are worn.

Mine has done 114k now, anyone else's suffered these being knackered? and is it a big (long) job having them done?

I'm getting mine done on Friday mate, I'll let you know. Mine has just clicked on to 149k.
I've also noticed the rubber boots on the shockers have perished, I'm going to get them changed to.

I changed mine at 80k, stopped the **** end stepping out when chucking it into corners hard. Easy to remove, just need some kind of tubing etc to press the new ones in

I ordered a pair yesterday from German & Swedish, my mechanic said it shouldn't be too hard to drop the axle down, burn / cut out the old ones then press in the new ones.

Was half expecting it to be a nightmare job!

Should tighten up the handling a bit, just need front shocks and drop links now.

Blimey! I ordered them yesterday lunchtime and they arrived this morning, must be OEM aswell as they have 8D0 xxxxx stamped on them.

Only £36 inc £4 post and VAT for the pair. Wonder how much Audi are?!