SRS air bag warning lamp

xenodrew

Reaction score
Could anyone tell me where the collision sensor/sensors are located on the A4 - B5, so I can rule out water ingress after a near "poseidon adventure" incident in North Yorkshire yesterday.

I've checked for the more obvious junk-under-the-seat fouling the wiring related problems and after removing the empty coke cans and cigarette packets I'm pretty sure it isn't that!

Thanks in advance.

D

I seem to remember that you have to have the light reset. Once it comes on it stays on. It doesnt go off on its own just because you fix whatever caused it.

You need to get vag com on it and read + reset the code.

Appreciated - but if there is a problem with the sensor then that needs to be addressed before resetting the dash level warning lamp.

Hence the need to know the location of the sensor that controls the air bag system, to rule that out of the equation.

Cheers

Vagcom (or bosch or vag tool etc) will tell you which sensor is causing the light on. When we had it it was the wires under the seat.

Just looking at sensors and connectors wont neccessarily identify a fault.

Still that aside, I'm still looking for the physical location of the airbag chassis sensor . . . if only I new where it was hiding . . .

D,

Where are you in the UK? Anywhere near Milton Keynes, if so i can VAG it for you and reset the light.

I have no idea where the sensor is located, still sounds like the cables under the drivers seat would have caused this error.

regards,

Jim.

Hi Jim

I'm based in East Lothian, just to the east of Edinburgh. Many thanks for your excellent offer.

I managed call in a favour to get an aquaintance of mine to hook up his Snap-On kit and the passenger sensor had recorded a high resistance, most likely caused by my exceptionally chunky mate bouncing around as we trundled through the Yorkshire Dales last week

I'm sure there is a chasis sensor and in conjunction with the seat sensor which measures deceleration and ensures the bag doesn't inflate in low speed bumps etc. It's mostly curiosity to find them all, to rule them out in the future. More probably due to the fact that they're charged with solid rocket fuel and 2 feet from your face.

Once again many thanks for your kind offer. Well worth an honourable mention in dispatches . . .

Cheers
Drew

Drew,

The high resistance error is due to the connectors under the seat not being gold plated. Later cars have gold platde connectors on teh Airbag system to stop this error occuring.

The usual fix for this is to bypass the connectors and solder the wires directly to each other. This is something you will have to do yourself as Audi are not allowed to modify the Airbag wiring.

Jim.