New air filter?

BarryT

Reaction score
I am going to get a new air filter for my 2001 A4 1.8T and I was wondering which one would be the best. I don't want to get an air intake, just a drop in filter. I am thinking either a foam filter or K&N?

SO what filters are high flow and don't use oil?

Forgive my ignorance, is the oiley MAF sensor thing a 1.8T issue? I have a 2.8Q, do I need to steer clear of oiled filters?

[ QUOTE ]
AndyMac said:
Forgive my ignorance, is the oiley MAF sensor thing a 1.8T issue? I have a 2.8Q, do I need to steer clear of oiled filters?

[/ QUOTE ]

If you have a MAF full stop you may face issues, and I'm taking it that basically Audi use the same technology across the range and therefore use a MAF (As with a lot of modern engines) on the 2.8. It can also depend on the location of the MAF on the 1.8 it's directly after the filter, but maybe on the 2.8 it's out of harms way in relative terms.

[ QUOTE ]
Gambba said:
Still doesn't make it three years by my maths beatch /ubbthreads/images/graemlins/laugh_roll.gif /ubbthreads/images/graemlins/lol.gif

[/ QUOTE ]

Ah, OK, well, let's see, IIRC, I purchased the K&N on the first Saturday after picking her up, which would have been.... 30 September. So, I've been running a K&N Panel Filter for 2 years, 11 months, and 4 days, so /ubbthreads/images/graemlins/tongue.gif

[ QUOTE ]
Drill said:
Jay, did you have the drop-in, or a K&amp;N induction kit? I've had a drop-in from new and haven't had any MAF issues /ubbthreads/images/graemlins/confused.gif (<font color="red">ALMOST</font> 3 years btw)

/ubbthreads/images/graemlins/beerchug.gif

[/ QUOTE ]

THERE, Better? /ubbthreads/images/graemlins/fuck_you.gif

[ QUOTE ]
Drill said:
[ QUOTE ]
Drill said:
Jay, did you have the drop-in, or a K&amp;N induction kit? I've had a drop-in from new and haven't had any MAF issues /ubbthreads/images/graemlins/confused.gif (<font color="red">ALMOST</font> 3 years btw)

/ubbthreads/images/graemlins/beerchug.gif

[/ QUOTE ]

THERE, Better? /ubbthreads/images/graemlins/fuck_you.gif

[/ QUOTE ]

exactly...as always I'm right!! /ubbthreads/images/graemlins/laugh_roll.gif