Any good places to install an amplifier?

jrleech

Reaction score
I've got a Genesis Profile 4 amplifier (approx 300mm x 200mm) to install somewhere in my A4.

Has anyone found any good places to install an amplifier?

Speakers / headunit will be going in the stock locations.

On an unrelated note, the sales ticket in my log book says I have an 8 speaker active system.... 6 speakers are obvious... where are the other 2??

Cheers,
Jon

its probably the tweets mate. There may be enough space to mount it behind the NS panel in the boot, quite a bit of space in there IIRC

Thanks... I'll have a look in the boot.

As for speakers, there are two tweeters and two 4" in the front doors, and the pair in the parcel shelf.

Is there another pair of tweeters somewhere?

Thanks,
Jon

Thats the standard setup in an A4, do the front speakers have a BOSE badge on them? I am sure thats one of the signs, oh and there should be a BOSE amp under the rear shelf too i think. What HU is it ? Concert? Does it say BOSE when switched on?

No, there are no BOSE badges...

It's the Concert head unit..

My sales ticket says:

8UB - radio preparation
8RN - eight speakers (active)

Thanks,
Jon

Strange... BOSE has 8 speakers (2 in rear doors) - but I have non-bose and certainly only 6 speakers.

... in which case I guess the website I used to decoded the option codes is incorrect...

Thanks,
Jon

The 2 rear speakers are coxials with seperate tweeters so there's your missing 2 speakers.

You mean they're counting a pair of co-axials as 4 speakers? That's creative advertising!!!