RS4 project next steps.

docurley

Staff member
Reaction score
Website
hometown.aol.co.uk
Well it's been a while since I have done any major updates and some of the work as not worked out the way I wanted but that will be for another thread another time.

My BBS RC's wheels where in a a bad way so I did some DIY on them and got the shop to paint them after half a day rubbing them down. I may spray the lips silver when I have more time.

Got hit up the **** so I went the Euro S4 bumper route but its a bitch to heat and shape.

Bought me a boost gauge and pod and it lights up any colour I like and was less than $40.

None of this is completed yet as I have taken a week of work to sort out all this work for my 2,000 mile round trip to Austria, the biggest VAG Group show starting next week.

Look forward to seeing the pics of the wheels fitted!!!

How come you never took the tyres off? Lack of time?

The Euro rear will also look far better!!

Also i never knew the rear arch got damaged in the shunt. Where about do they spray when painting these? Do they do all that panel like above the doors to?

The rear arches look like they have been primed (2 pack I'm guessing.. ?) for spraying... the bumper and arches/wings will need to be blended in to make it all match properly...

Look forward to seeing the finished article Doc... did you get the suspension/brakes sorted?

Wheels should look good /ubbthreads/images/graemlins/smile.gif

the s4 bumper looks good m8 is this genuine audi? how much do they go for?

is that the final fit for the bumper?

Yep gen Audi part and they are only £258 now.

The pics are of the bumper put straight on the car and showing how much modification is needed to get it to fit.

Finished today fitting up yhe bumper and prepping it and it will be ready tommorow for me to fit-up.

quite reasonable price considering genuine.
any details of the VAG show?

good luck and safe trip

Lookin good mate, can`t wait to see it finished..

We leave at 4am Sunday morning for Worthers !!!!!!!!!!!!!

Look out for an English mk2 with D4RK 1 private plate, we`ll have a mk3 VR in tow..

hey doc thnx for the linklooks interesting prob you can buy loads of bits for the b5 overthere and cheap?
hows the car coming along?

Not much for me to buy but I did get a great looking gear knob with leather gaiter that lights-up, and no its not tacky at all.