Cruise control on a 98' what do you know?

doeboy

Reaction score
I've read a thread in tech forum if I remember, to cut a long story short someone was saying 98' or the "older" models didn't have it as an option and that they were a mechanical retro kit that are not a good as factory fitted.

This might explain why my cruise stick is in German and why touching the brake doesn't disengage it, rather you turn it to "Aus" on the stick itself. It's also not listed as an option code in my service book, while everything else is.

If You've got an A4 diesel you can retro-fit the factory cruise control kit which will work excatly like it was fitted from new, if its a petrol engine then you wont be able. Hope this helps.

Anyone know how this is fitted. I know old vectras you only needed to by the stalk at 30-40 notes and attach it as the loom in the vectras were all the same, so it was all there just ready to be connected.

It take it, its not that simple in A4's case.

gsb1, how much did the cruise control cost you? regards tony

I did a deal when I bought my car from Fontain.

I believe the likes of Fontain, Crofts, AmD etc all charge about £350+vat!

I think parts are about £60, there is some Vagcom coding involved I think and a moderate amount of labour to dissasemble the steering coloumn trim etc.

Not sure on the A4 if it is all pre-wired or not. I know reading up on my MKIV Golf that a small cable run is required too.

I have seen instruction on how to do this DIY, but if you can pay around the £300 mark, it saves a lot of hassle!