Oil temp Sender fault

S4_dan

Fire up the Quattro!
VCDS Map User
Reaction score
Also, this has been happeing alot last few days.

If i drive the car steadily, then the oil temp gauge works fine, then i drop it a gear or two, put foot down and overtake taking it to about 4/5k rpms...the oil temp gauge stops working.

Thinkin loose or dirty connecter.

But where the hell is the connecter located on the engine?

My water temp gauge does this too, but removed header tank and cleaned the connecter underneath it and now works fine.

Cheers,

Dan

There is an oil sensor, not sure sure if it's temp. or level (I think level) on the bottom of the sump. It is bolted through the sump so don't take it out when it's full of oil! /ubbthreads/images/graemlins/grin.gif I am also sure there is another (which I think is the temp. sender actually) on the oil filter baseplate/oil cooler. Please excuse me thinking out loud! /ubbthreads/images/graemlins/tongue.gif

I had a problem with the sender in the sump when I first got my car which manifested itself as the oil warning light coming on in the DIS. It turned out to be a dirty/slighty damaged cable on the sender. I removed it, cleaned it, re-taped the damaged cable and it has worked fine ever since.

Your problem sounds like it could be due to the extra effort the engine is making at higher revs... thery move around a bit so maybe if you have a loose connector, it's pulling away far enough to stop the sender working.. ?

Just a thought... hope you get it sorted bud.

T