Computer display

doeboy

Reaction score
Ok i've had my car for 2.5 weeks so far, Today was as odd day with her. Driving back and stuck in traffic today after around 40-45 mins the Central comp display "turned off" is this normal? It came back to life again when I hit the option button and either I’m paranoid or in the right hand corner on the horizontal red lines the lighting had turned slightly"dull"

It could just be me, anyone else found this? is it standard?
?

bah!

And no resonse sometimes when you put your foot to the floor? in Tiptronic? Happened 2 times now, yesterday at about 30mph in 3rd, foot to floor and back and down and so on- nothing, and then on motorway today in 5th gear, "clunk" then full play in the pedal for 4 seconds with no engine response whatsoever. Changed down in the end and all was fine? Not good, i keep asking myself is it just me, 5th gear is slow i know, but 3rd i expect it to move when i floor it.

[ QUOTE ]
bah!

And no resonse sometimes when you put your foot to the floor? in Tiptronic? Happened 2 times now, yesterday at about 30mph in 3rd, foot to floor and back and down and so on- nothing, and then on motorway today in 5th gear, "clunk" then full play in the pedal for 4 seconds with no engine response whatsoever. Changed down in the end and all was fine? Not good, i keep asking myself is it just me, 5th gear is slow i know, but 3rd i expect it to move when i floor it.

[/ QUOTE ]

Don't forget, you don't really get any kickdown in Tiptronic mode, so If you hit the throttle at 30mph in 3rd. you won't get much of a response at all, because the car is pretty high geared & it'll be running around 1700rpm at that point. Also the torque converter won't slip either to raise the revs & give you some extra torque. The 2.8 engine doesn't really get into its stride until you've got 3000rpm on the clock, which is around 55mph in 3rd.

[ QUOTE ]

Don't forget, you don't really get any kickdown in Tiptronic mode, so If you hit the throttle at 30mph in 3rd. you won't get much of a response at all, because the car is pretty high geared & it'll be running around 1700rpm at that point. Also the torque converter won't slip either to raise the revs & give you some extra torque. The 2.8 engine doesn't really get into its stride until you've got 3000rpm on the clock, which is around 55mph in 3rd.

[/ QUOTE ]

You see that was my other train of thought Jeff, but i just couldn't shake the feeling of something being wrong, And strangley the kickdown does work in Tiptronic mode which i thought was odd! That said i've only been driving in Tiptronic the past 3 or 4 days, in auto i've not had the same issue.

Tiptronic will kick down if forced to, but only as a last resort, It's not meant to be driven that way, though. The point of the Tiptronic mode is that the driver uses the shift to change manually.

I think it's just a case of getting accustomed to the two different modes. It took me a while.

What I don't understand it why the tiptronic mode will also change down when you go below X revs, again I can imagine that it's a last resort but if so it's not to stop any damage is it. So I find you end up relying on the box to change down but not up.

I've been out tonight and replicated the situation I was in yesterday, even bettered it. 1500rpm >25mph, Foot down 70-90% and although the pull is minor you can still feel the engine reacting, yesterday and on the motorway this definitely was not the case, there was absolutely nothing. It's just something I’ll have to monitor and when it happens again just pay more attention.