Volks AutosAH Fabrications
    Neutral

Status

New A4 2.8 V6 Quattro Owner

Hello....

Just bought a 1997 A4 2.8 V6 Quattro, 82k miles, Silver, manual, black trim, SLine badged .

It's got a few little bits that need sorting, there's a tiny bit of rust round the screw hole where the rear spoiler bolts to the boot lid, the drivers wing mirror cover is cracked, the windscreen has a few chips and will need replacing soonish, but other than that, it's rather clean. Obviously it's got some stone chips etc.., but it's got a full history, cambelt done this year etc.. Drives very well, new Pirelli P6000's all round, engine very clean and feels healthy. Looks pretty good overall. I pick it up Tuesday, once the MOT is done.

Paid 3750, inc a private plate A4 ***. Sound about right?

Need to get a nice stereo in there asap, personally like the Becker Mexico Pro, and fit some decent 130mm components in the front and see what it sounds like. Any recommendations??

Also plan to clean off all the polish, get the trusty clay out, t-cut any scratches that are left, then give it a good waxing.

Cheers,
    Jon

2. # ADS
    ADS

3rd Gear

Status

Re: New A4 2.8 V6 Quattro Owner

Sounds a good price,

Chips in your screen, get them looked at, i waited 2 weeks last year and they'd gone past repair stage and into new window time!

Also i believe Audi have a ten year anti corrosion guarantee so i'd speak to a dealer about that rust.

I paid 4k for mine on ebay, 2.8 Q 1998, 96k 18"RS alloys and bodykit. pics here in the forum somehwere, the green R plate.

Status

Post some pics up my man.

Neutral

Status

Thanks guys... I'll have a look at the warranty information when I get it tomorrow. I'm guessing the spoiler was fitted after the car was built, and that's why the boot lid has rusted.... if that's the case, drilling holes and putting screws in will probably invalidate the warranty.

Will post some pics up when I've got it (and cleaned it!!).

Ordered some Infinity Kappa 50.7cs components last night (bargin at 100 Ebay), and some 62.7i's for the rear.

Can anyone tell me what colour the dashboard illumination is please? I want to order a Becker head unit, but the display colour has to match!

Cheers,
    Jon

Status

RED!

3rd Gear

Status

If it works [img]/ubbthreads/images/graemlins/smile.gif[/img]

Neutral

Status

Thanks.... Suppose I should have checked it before handing over the deposit, but I was still reeling from the power [img]/ubbthreads/images/graemlins/smile.gif[/img]

Got to wait another day as they couldn't get the car in for an MOT today, on for Wednesday morning now..

Time to order the Becker, in red.

Went to my local Audi dealer today (Preston), and was pleasantly suprised that a wing mirror cover (unpainted) is only 29.

Cheers,
    Jon