KO4 Turbo on 98 A4

PhilR

One Ate Tea
Reaction score
Hi i know this subject has probably been broached before but im planning on futting a k04 turbo to my a4 before i stump up the cash for a remap.

I know the whole "waste of time fitting a ko4 get a big turbo debate" but it is the route that i want to go down

I know i need a K04-15 turbo but what else is needed and what power gains can you expect

Cheers!

I have had mine on for about a year with out a remap.

Just a map for a K03s turbo. Its putting out 161bhp at the wheels and thats a Quattro.

All you will need is the turbo and the gaskets.

Some say the cat should be replaced as the standard ones can melt.

I have a supersprint decat pipe anyway.

Why will the standard CAT melt with what is a 'standard' turbo? The CATs on re-mapped TT's and S3's don't melt with K04's do they??

Good luck with the conversion Phil, I'm sure it will produce good power over standard and also a little more torque... but to be honest, to make the most of it you would benefit from a FMIC too... and a free-flowing exhaust (although this will provide negligible power gains until you are flowing far more air, i.e. big turbo) but then you start edging into 'conversion' territory and before you know it you're hankering after that big turbo after all /ubbthreads/images/graemlins/grin.gif

Best of luck with it...

Tim

I dunno Jim at star reccomended to me that i get a new aftermarket one even with just a remap.

But i already had the replacement pipe.

Not when the fuel map is tailored to use the original injectors on a K03s turbo...

I think they are big enough for use with a K04 anyway, since the map will be custom when he gets it done... they will just run a longer duty cycle to make up for what they lack in capacity...