My new car

• Thread starter imported_Donald_MacIver
  • Start date
I

imported_Donald_MacIver

Just got round to giving it a good clean today. What do you guys think?

mytdi5.jpg

mytdi4.jpg

mytdi3.jpg

mytdi1.jpg

mytdi2.jpg

They are 18" x 8J ET40 Toora T970 alloys with Avon ZZ3 225/40/18 tyres.

Same colour as mine too just yours looks in a lot better condition. Now that i've seen that i'm gonna have to go and wash and polish mine.

Very nice!

What suspension setup is that? Has it been lowered or has it got the sports pack? (20mm lower as standard). Reason I ask is I'm considering some 18's for mine, and I'm curious as to what sort of arch gap I'm going to be looking at on the sports pack springs as I don't really want to change the suspension set up if I can avoid it, but I also don't want it looking like a 4x4!!

[ QUOTE ]
Very nice!

What suspension setup is that? Has it been lowered or has it got the sports pack? (20mm lower as standard). Reason I ask is I'm considering some 18's for mine, and I'm curious as to what sort of arch gap I'm going to be looking at on the sports pack springs as I don't really want to change the suspension set up if I can avoid it, but I also don't want it looking like a 4x4!!

[/ QUOTE ]

At the moment it is standard shocks with 40mm GSF lowering springs fitted. I am not sure how long i will keep this setup, as i am considering to fit a sports spring and shock pack.

I have to say the car looks good not quite sure of the rims and the spring have not droped the car 40mm as it looks stock.

Heres mine on 18"s with just H&R springs

1.jpg

The shocks don't set the hight so I would say your car prob only got a 20mm drop if that.

i assume youre talking about your 2.8Q,
hey doc what does the H&R feel like when it was dropped?

how much did it drop by?

whats the ride quality like

thnx

[ QUOTE ]
i assume youre talking about your 2.8Q,
hey doc what does the H&R feel like when it was dropped?

how much did it drop by?

whats the ride quality like

thnx

[/ QUOTE ]

The ride is sweet and it works even better on the track the down side is the shock on roads with a dip, you find the shocks don't take up the slack and you find your self bouncing on the springs, but cornering is greatly improved and the car dropped about 35mm minimum.

I have also orders another set in the SALE going on here for my 1.8TQ as well which should be 40mm drop.

I would recommend H&R to anyone.

Nice looking car, I was bidding on a set of them Toora 18's on ebay a couple of months ago. They look very good on a B5, was wondering how they'd look. /ubbthreads/images/graemlins/beerchug.gif