DSC01386.jpg

There is mine.

[ QUOTE ]
here is mine

audi1007.jpg

DSCF0650.jpg

[/ QUOTE ]

well pimped /ubbthreads/images/graemlins/grin.gif

i had someone make the 90 degree stainless bit, other wise it wont fit no matter what. heres a pic with the cold air feed showing, it sits in the left hand side lower bumper grill.

snub001.jpg

[ QUOTE ]
is that your dump valve? how come its over there? mines airbox side?

[/ QUOTE ]

I moved it over there for easier access. The bailey DV fitting kit moves it there.

did the BMC not come with the u bend pipe?

My pal gotone for his polo gti and it came with a 90 degree elbow to fit it to the tb.

I know that sort of oblong shaped thing that looks like a heat sink is important to keep cold , i always wonderd how a BMC would fit now i know. But i dont think i will go for one if i need to get fabricated pipes.

Did you need the samco aswell to get it to fit?

the bmc came with just the mounting bracket and the cold air feed, i ran the bmc with the standard hose before i got the samcos.

The BMC's for the A4 1.8T's DO NOT fit out of the box... very annoying! (Unless the FWD cars have a different MAF housing anyway... Quattro one doesn't fit).

Everyone I know who has one has had to make an adaptor of some kind to get it to fit properly... the major problem with them, aside from difficult fitment (not impossible, just difficult) is that the MAF housing will not screw directly to the BMC case because there is no clearance between the edge of the MAF and the flush surface of the BMC... it needs to have a raised mounting surface... which, incidentally, they do have in their range of filters! /ubbthreads/images/graemlins/confused.gif

How they have not thought of or resolved that issue before marketing something they sell for £200 is totally beyond me and utterly ridiculous in my opinion...

Also, the oblong-shaped thing that was referred to is the ignition amplifier... it is necessary to keep this cool since if it overheats and burns out, a new one is not cheap!

T

Standard..... (apart from DV30 which u cant see /ubbthreads/images/graemlins/tongue.gif)........

enginebay0gz.jpg

enginebay13lj.jpg

enginebay24ov.jpg