Door cards

Phantom_A4

Reaction score
Just trying to remove my door cards to change the speakers, with no success. Have taken off 3 screws, two at the top by the window and one in the handle. Anyone know what im doing wrong, or if im trying to remove it with more screws attached still /ubbthreads/images/graemlins/frown.gif

once you have taken the one off in the handle remove that piece of trim by pulling down and that will reveal two more screws if I remember correctly.

Remove the two visible screws at the upper corners of the door panel. Remove the screw that's visible inside the oval-shaped hand grip area in the arm rest. This screw holds the oval piece in place that trims the oval cutout in the armrest that forms the hand grip. Remove this trim piece by snapping it out downwards; this will expose the final two screws that need to be removed. The door panel will lift straight up then out at this point. You'll have to disconnect electrical connectors (speakers, power windows, etc). You'll have to disconnect the door latch cable... this hooks into the inside door handle, the cable end has a shepherd's hook (question-mark-shaped hook) that you'll need to unhook. Then, just lift the panel up high enough so that the door lock pin is cleared, and you're free.

The door frame has a number of small cutouts, into which L-shaped hooks in the door panel slide. These cutouts have rubber pieces lining them, to keep rattles down. When you remove the door panel, keep an eye out for rubber pieces that have come out of these cutouts; it's easy to knock them out and then forget to put them back in.

I think I have my old front ones if you need a replacement. They were non Bose though

Mine are the standard blaupunkt ones, just attemtping to use my old shelf speakers in the doors. Will let you know though dude /ubbthreads/images/graemlins/smile.gif

I will be swapping out my Bose speaker with a Pioneer mids and tweeters so you can have them when they are out. Just waiting on the speaker adapters.

Yea just made some small custom mdf pods, to home the shelf speakers in the door. Thought the window would hit on the way down but didnt. Really pleased. Keep me posted on your speakers, might have to nab them off you /ubbthreads/images/graemlins/laugh.gif