Picked up my S4 today......

S4_dan

Fire up the Quattro!
VCDS Map User
Reaction score
Well,

Finally picked her up today. I am very impressed. Love it to bits.

So tomorrow is when I start looking at her.

Going to change the diverter valves, check the 'F' pipe.

Which leads and plugs are a good buy for this car?
(not owned a pterol car for a while!)

Looking to buy an exhaust as well but dont want anything too loud, just something with more 'growl'??

Cheers,

Dan

Congrats Dan, hope you enjoy many miles together!

As a result of all this talk of S4's i've actually put the wheels in motion with respect to getting myself one too!! So, anyone after a mint 2.8Q Avant with nearly all the factory toys... make me and offer /ubbthreads/images/graemlins/laugh.gif

As far as exhausts go, pretty much everywhere i've read as pointed to the Miltek as being weaponn of choice. i heard a breif sound clip of one fitted to a B5 S4 and it sounded loverly!

JB7

Good one Dan...have to put up Pics

So how fast you had her????????? /ubbthreads/images/graemlins/grin.gif

took her to 100 on dual carriageway. wanna put her through a full health check before pushing her a little. Of course the dual carriageway was a private road!

Will post some pics later today hopefully. jus going to wash and polish now.

Nice one dude, cant wait to see the pics. Also your opinions on it, once you have tested her properly! /ubbthreads/images/graemlins/cool.gif

[ QUOTE ]
took her to 100 on dual carriageway. wanna put her through a full health check before pushing her a little. Of course the dual carriageway was a private road!

Will post some pics later today hopefully. jus going to wash and polish now.

[/ QUOTE ]

100 kph is perfectly legal on a dual carriageway - it is therefore not necessary to find a private one /ubbthreads/images/graemlins/wink.gif

Congrats on the S4, too bad to lose the A6 though /ubbthreads/images/graemlins/shocked.gif

Couldnt get any pics today, rain been on and off! typical hey?!

love the car though!! it so responsive although at 4000rpm it feels it has a mini flat spot but it soon picks up again.

Going to change the leads and plugs tomorrow and check the maf out. So hopefully nothing too serious.

As for fuel consumption (since leaving behind my beloved A6 TDi) is not actually that bad when driven sensibly!

All round, very impressed and wont regret the change but will miss the space from my A6.

Cant have it all hey?!

Will get some pics up asap!!

I wish my S4 had a "mini" flat spot at 4K. It goes all the way to 5200!

It'll be sorted at the next service though, when I take it to someone who knows their onions, not the local stealer...

There's a couple of gotchas on the v6 s4 that are cheap to fix (Like the inlet pipe that splits etc).
Calling XVW to post up the list!.....

nice one fella. get some pics up /ubbthreads/images/graemlins/smile.gif you didnt push her when you were on your private road? mine was taken to 120 on the way back from picking her up heheheh

I hit 150 in mine after picking it up... wasn't my car yet /ubbthreads/images/graemlins/grin.gif