Leak in Back Footwell ( Pollen Filter)

Rev-head

Reaction score
Been trying to fix leak in the back foot well of the A4 have nailed it down to the trim that covers the windscreen has slightly lifted with been taken off so many times.......and i have been told that the pollen filter housing can sometimes let water in (loses it seal )

Any body here have the same problem?

Cheers

Right thought i would take a few pics of job

REMOVAL OF POLLEN FILTER HOUSING AND RESEALING

Took the cover off the windscreen three plastic screw along the top which just need a quater turn to come off there is a one 8mm head bolt that holds it down on the back in resess of the cover
Plastic runner that feeds water either side of the pollen filter just slides out on runner were it is held in with sprung loaded clips

Slip pollen filter out and you have Three 10mm head nuts to come off ,one inside housing and two which are on the side of the wing(note 1/4 inch drive sockets easier to get in)should lift up on side of one nut and slide round and you sould have this
P04-19-06_19.jpg

eb0ab8b2.jpg

c2cc5d45.jpg

Seal on mine was knackered somebody already had a go at fixing it not very well i might add
0f5f4425.jpg

744e42ba.jpg

So got cleaning area were it seals on housing and facing put plumbers/builders best friend on Silicone /ubbthreads/images/graemlins/grin.gif
P04-19-06_20.jpg

479006aa.jpg

And did reverse off takening off
0808627d.jpg

4c0b3484.jpg

d62c2394.jpg

This will stop leak into rear passenger well and the problem of water going over electrics(ECU)

Cheers
/ubbthreads/images/graemlins/beerchug.gif