****** Pug 106!

SonicDeathmonkey

Reaction score
OK, so my S4 isnt running properly at the moment. However, I just got chased upto 100mph then overtaken by a T plate Pug 106 with three boys inside it. I was on my own!

I don't know what the hell he had done to it, or if the S4 is knackered, but I was embarrased!

Shocking.

Dear me son, get that S4 checked out ASAP!! Dont care what had been done to the pug - it should not have given you a run - especially 3-up!!

Get your MAF tested and check for boost leaks - before you over spin a turbo and kill it - 4k bill - OUCH!
PS: Dont bother going to an Audi dealer... they have no idea what they are doing!

www.mrctuning.com

I think I am just going to do enough work to sell it. Buy myself a house with a garage and then get a 996 for weekends and a PD150 golf for the work run.

106 gti can make upto 210bph in N/A config, and poentially more in turbo conig.... but stil...... Is it chipped??

My pals Saxo VTS (same as pug 106 gti) was supercharged it was running something like 235bhp at the wheels.

I have a video of it beating an M3 convertible @ crail. On the way home the same day it beat the old version of the M5, he was pinned up its bumper to 140 then it moved out the way. /ubbthreads/images/graemlins/groovy.gif

Private road of course. /ubbthreads/images/graemlins/lol.gif

So they can be quick but ones that are tuned enough to overtake an S4 are very few and far between, so i would safely say your car might be a little under the weather.

I was cruising back from London recently in excess of 100, when a 106 shot past me.
I was shocked. Managed to catch it up, but it took a while as it was doing 130ish. My A4 is only standard.
With a potential 235bhp and weighing next to nothing expains it I suppose...

they only have something like 127 or 130 BHP standard but they weight nothing at all. think its about 800 odd kgs, so you can see how the power to weight of them is good. one of them tunned a bit and lowerd and stiffend suspension is near unbeatable on b roads.

used to have a 309gti as a company car, back when they were the one to have.. light, quick, 135?BHp if I recall correctly, but while it was fabulous on b roads in the dry, the car was jekyll and hyde - scary dangerous in the wet, would let go with no warning, just not heavy enough on those wide tyres to push the water out of the way..

It quite put me off small quick french cars!! Accidents can happen in any car, and when it does would you rather be in a french thing made of tinfoil, even if it has a performance edge, or a solidly built German motor, with side bars and airbags all round.. I do think on our modern roads there has to be a balance between performance and safety, and i think you get it in audis and im not so sure about pugs!

rant over..

tin foil from a kit kat + rubber from a few elastic bands + plastics from a kinder egg toy = A Peugeot

[ QUOTE ]
used to have a 309gti as a company car, back when they were the one to have.. light, quick, 135?BHp if I recall correctly, but while it was fabulous on b roads in the dry, the car was jekyll and hyde - scary dangerous in the wet, would let go with no warning, just not heavy enough on those wide tyres to push the water out of the way..

[/ QUOTE ]

I had a pug 309GTI as well. Was a fun car but got too unreliable for my liking. I know what you mean about it being dodgy in the wet.

Here is a pic for anyone wanting to see.

309.jpg

[ QUOTE ]
Soupie, do you have a thing for red cars?? lol

[/ QUOTE ]

/ubbthreads/images/graemlins/lol.gif good question!

Luckily the beemer aint....then again i dont recall seeing a red bemmer before either! Well few and far between anyhow.

Soupie69uk did u used to be in PGAC??

I had a 1.9 205 gti in miami blue will need to try find some pics.

[ QUOTE ]
Soupie, do you have a thing for red cars?? lol

[/ QUOTE ]

Yeah red is my favorite colour for cars.

[ QUOTE ]
Soupie69uk did u used to be in PGAC??

I had a 1.9 205 gti in miami blue will need to try find some pics.

[/ QUOTE ]

Yeah was a member. Only ever went to one meet at Ecosse though.

Was it an RR day as i went to two of them

Yeah i was at that, that was well funny. I chinned him for the spare wheel, to see if he would seell me it and just say it was lost in the crash.

Cant find any so far i am gutted. Will need to chin my pals to see if they have any. Check your pics from that day as i am sure i was the only miami blue 205 gti there.
The results are still on the ecosse website too.

[ QUOTE ]
Cant find any so far i am gutted. Will need to chin my pals to see if they have any. Check your pics from that day as i am sure i was the only miami blue 205 gti there.
The results are still on the ecosse website too.

[/ QUOTE ]

Oh yeah just had a look and i am on it near the bottom.

In the pic at the top you can see the back of my car sticking out. (red 309 at the back)

It's not all about speed though, i'd rather be driving a comfortable audi with a lot more creature comforts than something thats made out of paper.

I'm sure if it were running properly you would have been long gone /ubbthreads/images/graemlins/wink.gif