Got a new exhaust for my car today.

Reaction score
I got a new bit for the car today.

As some will know I currently have a big Jap can on the rear /ubbthreads/images/graemlins/bang.gif , it sounds pretty cool but is too loud for me now and not really inkeeping with my car.

So i got this today. (Its a B5 RS4 backbox)

Angle.jpg

fronttip3.jpg

toptip.jpg

fronttip.jpg

Should get it fitted in a few weeks as i need to get the inlet pipe sorted so that it fits on my stainless system.

I am also thinking i will get the tips powdered matt black like the you get on the RS4 sport package.

Oh i see. I'm looking for a twin outlet but with a little noise...not toooo much but more than standard.

keep us informed on fitting and souns plus some piccies too if ya can.

cheers,

dan

Powder coating - will melt in about 10 minutes. Go for a good drive, and then get out and feel the exhaust... You'll wish you didnt!!

Rich

I heard that powder coating is safe up to 180 degrees.

How are brake calliers ok to be powdered as they get hot to?

Rear boxes reach about 60 degrees.

Any ideas what could be used instead?

I frazzled my finger on my backbox! people melt bumpers .etc

Calipers are rarely powder coated.. generally they are enamelled...It would be fine for show cars, that get driven about 10 miles per year on and off trailers, but in the real world..no..wouldnt last 10 minutes

Rich

Oh right i know they get how but i never thought they reach that high temps.

Like say you go to get in a bath it feels roasting and feels like your on fire but it is probably about only about 50 degrees.

I am not to clued up about calipers beting refurbed but i thought powder coating is used, never thought about using enamel.

I will ask with a powder coater and see what they say. Dont want it all melting off and risking damaging the back of the car.