Lower door trim/blades - No, I don't have any either

VAG-Slag

Reaction score
Berkshire, Surry, Hampshire tri-intersect
I spend most my time in the 8l section of the forum but I recent'y purchased a B5 TDI (Alfred) as a daily work horse...

Really pleased with it, great little thing for 275 quid! Main thing letting it down externally is it has no lower door trims and, as I've observed, this is not so uncommon for a B5!

My question is, what's the best/cheapest way people have found of replacing them and making sure they stay put!?

Thanks in advance

The metal on teh back of the rubber rots out. New ones available from Audi for about £25 a piece. Euro Car Parts used to do them to with Audi part numbers for £18 each but they seem to have dropped them now :(

Thanks mate but I think 100 quid is a little rich for me considering how much I paid for the car!

I found someone locally breaking a B5 and the door blades look in good nic... Whats the best way of removing them without damage and refitting them so they last. May be worth noting the white tabs on the bottom of my door don't exactly look tip top either!

They have a screw at the front end of the door on the inside, then they slide backwards and off. The screws usually get stuck in the thread and won't undo, if you can get them out and the metal strip looks ok then should be fine. Think the new ones are plastic strips now? Alternatively take the white lugs off and shave the metal pins off?

yeh the new ones are plastic so dont rust out AFAIK.

Take a cordless drill incase you need to drill the heads off the screws, then has said they slide about 1" backwards to unclip from the white things, and then they just lift off.

Fitting is the reverse of removal and you dont really need the screw.