Boost Gauges

S4_dan

Fire up the Quattro!
VCDS Map User
Reaction score
Do Audi's put turbo boost gauges in their cars as standard or is it an aftermarket item???

Just wondered why an S4 doesnt have one?

I don't think they put them in as standard. Most people go for a vent gauge as it looks oem. I got mine from AWE, very nice but expensive

really easy to fit. Took me about 2 hours. Only fiddly bit is drilling the hole for the tube in the back of the vent box

Looks good.

Can people post pics of their boost guages and locations.

I'm sure people have them situated in very different places.

Not mine but some pic's.

turbo_gauge_overall_night.jpg

turbo_gauge_overall.jpg

cover3.jpg

redneedle_header.jpg

my fave has got to be
300.jpg

expensive but i think its cool

PhilR - how did you get the boost on the OBC?

DASH BOOST GAUGE:

Interesting on the V1 stuff... is that a speed trap detector built into the DIS? Anyone here actually bought one of these? There a UK seller?

I was looking into it but they are just too expensive

I think i need to get a boost gauge soon to keep an eye on boost levels.

I think the AWE one looks the best so far.

It costs around £200 doesnt it?

But the in-dash one offers so much more for the money.

$339.00 USD = £194.414 (without V1 reading)

Sensor Specification

Boot Gauge
-10 Psi to 35 Psi, available in Bar
dissolution: 0.1 PSI
accuracy: 0.3 PSI
In Psi, negative boost will be shown in MMHG, you ask on feedback we deliver!
Max alarm from 10 psi to 30 psi

Oil Temperature
-40 °F to 300 °F, available in Celsius
dissolution: 1 °F
accuracy: 5 °F
Max alarm from 100°F to 300°F

Volt Meter User can adjust from Bar to Psi, °C to °F, and KMH to MPH (and vice versa).
8v to 16v
dissolution: 0.1v
accuracy: 0.2 v

Speed
Max alarm from 10 mph to 110 mph

User can adjust from Bar to Psi, °C to °F, and KMH to MPH (and vice versa).

[ QUOTE ]
But the in-dash one offers so much more for the money.

[/ QUOTE ]

The DIS one?

I think that would be far too hard for me to wire up like!!

Found the home company.

www.cxi-europe.com

Translation of the down Load page

[ QUOTE ]
EFU demo - on the own PC you try yourselves shop out free of charge down the program. Test the functions in peace. Executably on all PC starting from Windows 95. With this small program you can convince yourselves of the function range EFU.

It still concerns the beta version, which we provided as development-accompanying Tool. In the current vehicle version in the meantime extended functions and changes were implemented for simpler handling. The program is however well suitable to provide a first impression. A short, somewhat flapsige guidance for the program gives it here. For exact information you download yourselves simply those in the following described installation and operating instructions

[/ QUOTE ]

I cant understand those instructions, but looks from the pics like you are cutting wires at the fuse box and the cluster.

I guess the extra features would then be in german to?

[ QUOTE ]
Nope english.

This is going on like I'm selling these myself.....

[/ QUOTE ]

Yeah or wanting someone to try one so you can see how well it works.

it interfaces with the wires that send your radio station display to the DIS should be pretty easy to fit almost plug and play

I really think this is the way to go... of course a boost GAUGE would be easier to see/monitor... but ultimately having the oil temp & all the other features it offers is good enough in itself!

I think its a great idea but my DIS screen is all faded and even though i can still see it without any probs it kinda p[uts me off the idea

Well after me going about how great the indash one is I bought a cheap one of ebay for £22 to my door. I have no idea what the quality like but for £22 what can I say.

Its a white face with ally surround so that will match my dash and it has 7 different colour options which I hope one is white to match my dash or I will have to do another DIY job on it.

ag_1_b.JPG

Boost Gauges

I have mine fitted just need to vynl over the mdf should be doing that tonight if there weather is good but i will post a pic up as it is now or with the vynl.

i have mine fitted where the fag lighter used to be i had to cut alot away on the ashtray panel on the back side but i must say it looks really cool and the ash tray still works fine

[ QUOTE ]
i have mine fitted where the fag lighter used to be i had to cut alot away on the ashtray panel on the back side but i must say it looks really cool and the ash tray still works fine

[/ QUOTE ]

Funny you should write that ive just been on my way home wondering what it would look like there you got any pics ?

i will stick some up tonight i at the min im using my old boost gauge which has a chrome ring but im after one of them black out gauges so when all the power is off you would even know the gauge was there.

These are mine whilst they were in the fitting/experimental stage...

50620046.jpg

All guages are Autometer Ultralite series.

They are, from left to right... Oil Pressure, Air/Fuel Ratio, Boost.

Covering needs changing as it's a different colour to the dash but it gives an idea...

T

Heres mine. Its the APR gauge. Nice OEM look but not the cheapest option.
PICT0152.JPG

Well got the cheap ebay Gauge and it looks real good, I also got a pillar pod and have been trying to cover it but its a total pig to do.

Pilllarpod1.jpg

Pilllarpod2.jpg

Pilllarpod3.jpg

Pilllarpod4.jpg

Pillarpod5.jpg

May scrap the covering idea and go with another idea but still using the pod.

finally ready to install a boost gauge.

Not bought anything yet but will be over the next few days.

firstly, what is the preferred pressure tyoe to use on a gauge? BAR or PSI??

Think i'm going with the middle vent fitment on dash.

Cheers,

Dan

Go with a PSI gauge as this is more accurate. 1 bar = 14psi if I remember correctly. If you can get one that also measures vacuum such as the gauge shown in my post above.

[ QUOTE ]
Go with a PSI gauge as this is more accurate. 1 bar = 14psi if I remember correctly. If you can get one that also measures vacuum such as the gauge shown in my post above.

[/ QUOTE ]

Where did you get your centre vent pod from?? Looks very nice.

Will go with PSI then.

[ QUOTE ]

[/ QUOTE ]

1Bar is closer to 15 psi... 14.7 to be precise /ubbthreads/images/graemlins/smile.gif

I removed the air vent closest to the drivers door. Then cut a small pievce of MDF to hold the gauge. Took me about 30 mins to do all in. WIll post somoe pics tonight.