Audi B5 centre console how do I split apart? With pictures.

Greig300

Reaction score
I've just received this centre arm rest. I want to remove the arm rest completely from the longer console part. I've unscrewed the bottom 3x screws and one nut but cannot figure out how they come apart. I need help to remove it. The reason why I want to remove it is because its a different shade of black to my S4.

http://imageshack.com/a/img540/4738/RW56re.jpg

Thanks

Last edited:
the bolt in the middle needs to come out, then you need to tap the "foot" bit off the rest of the armrest.

Remove the two plastic halfs that surround the base of the armrest, then you can get in with a cold chisel to tap the foot off.

There is only one shade of black. What are you trying to do?

There is only one shade? my S4 interior seems darker to this trim? I'm retro fitting an centre arm rest.

I can't seem to remove the two plastic parts you mention. Thanks

Well unless its grey, but it doesnt look grey to me?

Theres only one shade of black used on the B5.

They just sort of snap together.

Well the ad I bought it from said facelift Audi A4 S4 B5 which has non recaro seats, and my X reg S4 has recaros i was hoping to swap the arm rests....Currently the car has an aftermarket arm rest in it which rattles and is cheap.

All the bolts I can see are removed... The arm rest just will not remove from the longer console

yes, take them off, you'll need to gently prize at them.

once removed you can see the foot detatches from the rest of the armrest and you'll need to hammer it off.

yes, take them off, you'll need to gently prize at them.

once removed you can see the foot detatches from the rest of the armrest and you'll need to hammer it off.

Thanks for your help. Got it all fitted.