Decat downpipes S4

AVLO

Reaction score
I've been contemplating replacing the downpipes on my S4 for some cat less ones what options have I got? I'm aware there a pig to fit but what seriously is the best way of changing them preferably without taking the engine out? I have also seen something about having flexis welded in is this necessary?

Matt

The stock system has flexis, which stops the exhaust moving around under the car from stressing out the turbo/manifolds etc.

Many aftermarket DP's for the S4 also have flexis.

However the cheap XS power ones from ebay do not, and thus when fitting those its recommended that you fit flexis.

The XS ones are reasonable value but arent always the easiest to fit due to quality control issues.

In general doing DP's on the S4 is an awkward job, requiring lots of patience and wrestling with 6000 wobbly sockets and extensions. Doesnt need the engine out though.

Thanks for the advice Aragorn, so would the flexis need welding on prior to fitment or is it a case of seeing where they fall before flexis are welded up in the correct place? What other DP's are out there for reasonable money?

Hmmm I wonder? Must be that 2mile away roar haha