Which A4 to buy??

S4_dan

Fire up the Quattro!
VCDS Map User
Reaction score
Hi,

After reading through this forum, there are some more A4's that i expected, i.e. different models.

I'm after an S4, 2.7 V6 on or around 98 plate.

However, What year does the A4 2.8 come available on??

And what other A4/S4 models are there out there worth looking at?

Looking to spend around 10k max.

sorry for all the questions, just wanna make sur eafter buying a 2.7 i find out there maybe something slightly better out there for a similar price.

Cheers,

dan

I'd definately go for an S4 over a 2.8 and with 10k to spend you be hard pressed to find a 2.8Q worth 10k. 265bhp over 192 wins everytime.

Depends if you are power hungry or not.

A 1.8T Quattro would be a good car t consider.

You could get a super 2.8Q for £7k on a 2000 plate but don't pay any more than that.

[ QUOTE ]
Depends if you are power hungry or not.

A 1.8T Quattro would be a good car t consider.

You could get a super 2.8Q for £7k on a 2000 plate but don't pay any more than that.

[/ QUOTE ]

I would like power yes. Not too phased by the 1.8T. I like the bigger engine but not massively big. upto 3.0 will do for now.

Which is better model? 2.7 Bi turbo, or 2.8 supercharged??

The S4 can be expensive to repair if the turbo's go so buy one which you know a lot about.

There is a guy on here selling a charged 2.8 on here.

This would be pretty unique in this country.

The S4 will cost you more to mantain and will always be the quickest where as the 2.8 SC would be a cheaper car alround and cost less but still be quite quick and with a few mods you could see a good 270-280bhp.

My car produces 245bhp at 5300rpm on the last roller run I did but was still producing power and dose not redline till 6500rpm when it is the limiter that cuts in, the supercharger still wants to go on.

The links work for me, you may need to down load Acrobat reader.

Theres a nice lookin S4 Avant for sale in Plymouth at the mo, driven past it on a forcourt a few time.

Bout £12,495 i think!