Qts fuel filter change

Chriscooke

Clueless!
Reaction score
Website
www.sxoc.com
Quick question but how do you swap out the fuel filter on a qts? At a quick glance it almost looks like you need to drop the tank? This can't be right.

Also which pollen filter and spark plugs would you recommend? Mine hasn't been changed in a while.

Iirc you undo the bottom pipe banjo then undo the mounting bracket and pull it from the locator on the tank undo the top banjo, then fit it in reverse order.

Plugs are either BKR6E's (copper/cheap/last approx 40k) PFRQ6's (platinum/expensive/last approx 80k)

Pollen filter just get any id say mann filter will do.

Thanks mate :)

Fuel filter isn't to much of a job then?

Wondering if it could be adding to my slow starting issue.

When you remove it pu a rag on one end and blow through it youll be surprised how much crap will come out and compare it to the new one as in terms of restriction to see if you notice any difference (obiviously they will be some if its the original filter) lol

I always changed my BKR6Es every year as they were super cheap and I could tell after they had been used for a bit. Car always felt better after the new plugs. I only ever did 4,000 miles on them. Would be interested to see how they were after 40,000.

I currently have PFRQ6 as they last a bit longer.

I did the one on the track car a few weeks ago. Its a bit of a pig especially if the bolts siezed (it will be)

I removed the two tank straps nearest the filter and sort of levered the tank down and put a piece of wood in to hold it there, which gives you a bit more room to work.

Its annoying enough a job that neither my dailys have had new filters, but at the same time its not THAT hard.

Get new sealing washers though to ensure a good seal when you reassemble.

the tank mounts need dropping and the tank wedged down with a lump of 2x4 as there is just not quite enough space to get in there tidily